Sign in to follow this  
philby

RCv4 registration problem

Hello.

Just brought RCv4 got my email with the registration key from jd and did as instructed in the email but when i copy and paste the key

into the start up screen RCv4 closes and when i restart RCv4 the registration screen comes up again,and sometimes i get a registration

(not responding)error.Hope someone can help.I'm running Windows 8 don't know if this has a bearing on

the problem.

Phil.

When you copy the key from your e-mail and paste it into the registration screen be sure there are no blanks between the line beginning and the first character, and no trailing blanks between the last character and the cursor as sometimes happens with a Windows text paste.

Are you getting any missing .dll or .ocx messages? See the pinned topic regarding error 713.

In Win 8 RCv4.exe needs to be started with a right click and select run as administrator. After the first installation create a shortcut to RCv4.exe setting its property to run as admin and then update fsuipc

( http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ )

and get and install the latest makerwys.exe 

( http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/ )

and then run the scenery rebuild again.

Thanks for your reply still no joy going to try an uninstall and reinstall i'll keep you posted.

Verify that the info for the RC product code you sent and was returned in the e-mail match including any "-" in the product code in the display screen. Likewise check the returned user name matches what was sent.

Did you use the option to auto-create the registration e-mail?

Still no joy in getting RCv4 up and running have tried everything but to no avail.

Just downloaded and installed RCv4 on my old vista computer and the the same is happening.Done exactly as required in the

email RC closes i restart RC and registration page pops up.What on earth is going on.

all key requests that have been received, have been processed and sent out. maybe you can send me an email directly, so we can see what is going wrong.

jd@jdtllc.com

jd

Thanks jd and ronzie for your help RC now up and running it seems there was a space at the beginning of the key

code when i copied and pasted.Thanks again.