Sign in to follow this  
Brammer

general orbx question

Do I need addon terrain mesh such as fs genesis to fly the orbx areas or is terrain mesh incuded in there  orbx areas? Would it be ok to remove my addon terrain mesh?

Hi There,

Normally Mesh (10 metre) is included with regions such as New Zealand, Pacific NW & England from memory. For Australia there is a free download called 'Holgermesh' which ORBX recommends for this area.

Cheers Dave

ps .... I think FS Genesis etc will be required for the FTX Global upcoming release however if you fly outside of their specifically developed regions as this title is just replaces textures.

eg If you were flying around Ohio for example the FTX Global upgrades the textures but not the mesh.

ps .... I think FS Genesis etc will be required for the FTX Global upcoming release

FS Genesis (or any other addon mesh!) is defenitely NOT required for FTX Global. Just as it isn't for the use of default FSX textures. FTX Global will mainly replace the default FSX textures and it will work perfectly fine with the default mesh!

FS Genesis (or any other addon mesh!) is defenitely NOT required for FTX Global. Just as it isn't for the use of default FSX textures. FTX Global will mainly replace the default FSX textures and it will work perfectly fine with the default mesh!

Yes I am aware of that mate, however I was merely trying to state that if you want better than the default mesh on the upcoming FTX Global release then you will still need an addon mesh as global only replaces textures as I understand it.