Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dakota

FSGenesis new road, streams, rails, utilities.

Guest Gdavis101

I can't wait for the Coast line addons as well.. I too live on the coast, and the community I live in has a small bay and it is not modeled in the default FS...

Ya, don't waste your time trying to get it till tomorrow or the next day. It is a 225MB file and of course no mirror sites to get it at so its all on one server for everyone. I have broadband for a connection and twice now after 30minutes of download, the server has crapped out. If your gonna throw a 225MB file up for download, you need to have mirror sites to get it from. Bloody ridiculous!!

Eric 

Justin regularly releases downloadable 700 Mb products and has huge server capacity that usually does fine. Clearly they've totally underestimated the demand for this product, the server is completely choked. Even getting to the site is hard.Jon

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I am 63 Megs done out of 535 Megs for the last hour on a 3Meg cable line! It would have normally taken 30 minutes at full speed of 350K sec for the complete product. But obviously the pipe is being hammered since I am somewhere only around 30K sec right now. Plus I have had to resume a bunch of times already. When it's done though I will compare it of course to USA Roads which I have already. I think what I enjoyed the most of the American Data Demo demo to make me get the FULL version and not the addon was the ability for flattening. TO ME since I don't know where every single road in the US is supposed to PERFECTLY be it is better to have flat roads and streams to cut through terrain to give an extra 3D dimension. Along with FSGenesis Mesh & Landclass, as well as the the new 9.1 patch this seems to me that it will bring me 1 step closer to enjoy looking out the window. Now if someone will just finish up their coastlines, rivers, & lakes we'll be getting better.Carmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

I have tried 5 times to get it and it stops prior to reaching 200MB everytime. While FSG is usually very good, everyone strikes out now and then and Justin has struck out. The whole site is crashing at times. Screw it, gonna wait till later in the week.

Eric 

Justin is working right now to attempt to get an additional server online.Jon

FWIW, here is a comparison of two data sets for roads. The area covered is island of O'ahu, Hawai'i, USA. The data in red is ESRI shape format derived from USGS DLG - 24k. The data in aqua/blue is ESRI shape format derived from TIGER2002.It appears to me that the DLG data provided a better depiction of the actual configuration of major roads -- this capture is of the H-1/H-2 interchange to the H-1/H-3 Halawa interchange. Notice there are also some positional displacements.scott s..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94754.jpg

Guest Gdavis101

I am having zero luck with this, I got it downloaded once.. After 2 hours of download time, I tried to install it and it comes back with an installation error and says that I need to contact the vendor. Thinking that It might be the download, I am going to download one more time... Otherwise, I need to get off this thing for awhile....

Guest Gdavis101

I did, put them in their own little folder all by themselves.

Guest panzerschiffe

My zip was corrupted, just try again tomorrow

Guest JimC1702

I was able to download it in two tries, got it all the second time. Installation was smooth and it works great. Took off from my home airport, took a quick flight to the south to check out the railroad lines. (By the way, the ability to have them not cross water is nice because they would have been in the Mohawk River, same as the roads are with USA Roads)Then circled around and flew over my house. The creek that runs by in real life is now there in FS9. Very cool! And the update to be able to set the stream depth is very good. Prevents all the streams running in deep gullies.Good job, Markus! Jim