Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

You Lucky People ;-)

Guest Peter Sidoli

Ok this has always intrigued me and should make an interesting weekend fun questionaire.What would virtual as well as real pilots like as their Dream flying job.Imagine you could have any job flying in the world whether it was flying as Captain of a long haul Boeing 747, a fighter pilot, a cattle hurder in a helicopter, a business jet jocky, a float plane pilot???............the list is a mile long :-)We all have our dreams, for many of us for many reasons those dreams dont come true and always remain as dreams.What would yours be? Even if its flying a load of bunny girls in a big black jet ;-)Peter

As I have been building my hours I have been thinking about that. I have been thinking about creating my own job. Finding a company in the local area that travels frequently on the airlines and propose a solution via their own aircraft.I also have had thoughts of flying for someone in Hollywood. Going to different locations all of the time, I am sure they pamper you well. These jobs are a rare find I imagine, but it all comes down to how well you have networked, in my opinion.At this point in the aviation ballgame, any job that paid well enough to live on would be a good one. :)Craig

Peter,I've already got my dream job :). Now I just need a Socata TBM-700 so I can fly to seminars, open up a couple more offices and fly between them. I can't imagine a nicer to fly airplane, I just need the income to afford it. I'd find plenty of excuses to fly it :).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Believe it or not I would like to have a flying position with a fractional jet company (say NetJets). Flying to vastly different places, meeting different people every day. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

It reminds me of a story....There once was a pilot flying along in his Piper Cub. He looked up and saw a twin engine aircraft passing by. As he looked up he said... Now man, that is really flying!The twin engine pilot looked up and saw a jetliner passing by.As the twin engine pilot looked up he said...Now man, that is really flying!The jetliner pilot looked up and saw a fighter jet passing by.As the jetliner pilot looked up he said...Now man, that is really flying!The fighter pilot looked up and saw the space shuttle passing by.As the fighter pilot looked up he said...Now man, that is really flying!The space shuttle pilot "looked down" and saw the Piper Cub flying along. As the space shuttle pilot "looked down" he said...Now man, that is really flying!Its all a matter of perspective. For me? I am happy to be flying. Period.Regards,Jim Rhoads

I would have liked to have been a missionary pilot when I was young. Flying other missionaries, medical supplies, food, Bibles etc, to remote locations all over the world. But I'm not young and I'm to old start so I'm content to fly a flight simulator and donate money to the people who do what I would have like do have done.John

Guest Peter Sidoli

ZaneI flew a TBM700 to Tarbes in the south of France with their test Pilot.Fantastic aircraft which on another demo he flew along the runway pulled vertically up and we ended up stall turning thousands of feet over the airfield, then we went vertically down, stopped on the props and ended up on finals at 80 kts ;-)Peter

Guest Peter Sidoli

MichaelYou will have to come and join me on the Bravo ;-)Peter

Guest Peter Sidoli

John That would have been a very satisfying and interesting Job especially when you are such a lifeline to people and so needed.Peter

I have never really wanted to *work* as a pilot actually - to me flying should be about fun, not work. My current "dream" is to get a pilot license after I've finished my studies at university and get a good job so that I can afford to fly.However, if I were to work as a pilot, it would either be as a float/bush pilot or as a long-haul freight pilot :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>You will have to come and join me on the Bravo ;-)Peter, with great pleasure. Sign me up as your copilot.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

After reading stories like those at the Stoenworks site, I would think the Corporate pilot life would be really interesting. Flying into just about anywhere, big or small sounds like fun! Put me behind the controls of a Cessna Citation X and I'll be happy!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Yeah, it's something else. I haven't done vertical but I did chop the power at 20k and pointed it towards earth descending at 260 indicated and over 6,000ft/min... breathtaking and your experience would have been even more so. What amazed me was how much easier it was to handle than the T206 I'd just flown two days earlier. Probably the perfect personal transporter. I'll have to wait till the price on early 90's models drops a bit more, then swap out the KLN89 for a 94 and KMD850 for the radar display... will be almost as good as a new one.Have fun flyin'Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Here here Jim :-beerchug Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027