Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

MCP for PMDG?

I have a thread going in the main fsx forum but wanted to ask in here as well. I want to get a MCP to use with my PMDG NGX and the upcoming 777. Not to keen on GoFlight. I am looking at CPFlight or the one at Jetmax (www.jetmax.ca). CPFlight has the MCP737PRO & MCP737EL. I want the one that is easiest to interface with the pmdg software. Anyone using any of the three I mentioned? Would love to know your thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Eric 

Answered your post over in the FSX forum.

I'm secretly hoping that once the initial 777 release flurry calms down, FSLabs will expand on their CPFlight drivers to interface with the 777 (as they can now with the 747).

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Answered your post over in the FSX forum.

I'm secretly hoping that once the initial 777 release flurry calms down, FSLabs will expand on their CPFlight drivers to interface with the 777 (as they can now with the 747).

See that is the issue. We must spend on someone else to hopefully come out with a driver for the 777. If they choose not to, then what? We are looking at an expensive desk ornament when flying the 777. I sure wish there was a simple USB plug and play that could be configured through fsuipc.

All waiting to see if anyone is using the Jetmax MCP. The CPflight looks real good, just hate being dependant on another development house for a driver.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Have you considered VRInsight's Boeing MCP? It's got the autopilot, EFIS, COMMS, NAV radios and a few user programmable buttons.  

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you considered VRInsight's Boeing MCP? It's got the autopilot, EFIS, COMMS, NAV radios and a few user programmable buttons.

I have not. Do you currently use it? If so how does it interface with fsx? Does the PMDG NGX work well with it?

Eric 

Get the CP Flight MCP, the workmanship and quality is superb. You can also link up panels (EFIS, COM, NAV, etc) easily with one connection. It is plug and play, and Paolo has good e-mail support if you have any issues. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Most VRinsight gear works brilliantly with the PMDG 737NGX, and the hardware works even better and with more features via LINDA to the NGX and many other aircraft too. LINDA is a truly indispensable tool for some VRinsight hardware owners and for conventional HID joystick type devices too. The Airbus panel from VRinsight isn't supported via LINDA though so readers should keep that in mind, although FSUIPC does support it natively, like most other VRi hardware.

A list of compatible aircraft can be found at the link below, its a long link but it is safe I can assure you.

http://vrinsight.com/public_html/download.php?dnfile=Compatibility+add-on+%28JUNE%2C+2013%29.pdf&file=/home/hosting_users/vrinsight/www/webapp/../public_html/upload_dir/board/69539907151b51d373320a.pdf

A word of warning though, no hardware of this type from any manufacturer will ever be totally plug and play and forget, some basic knowledge of editing of files in notepad may be needed at times, but it is really basic stuff and their are lots of people out there with VRi hardware that can help if you need it.

The VRinsight forum can be found at the link below. I run the community forum for VRinisght on voluntary basis, I am not an employee of VRi's, I am just a customer with contacts within the company, so I can help get customers in contact with the right people whenever they need further assistance and they aren't able to get in contact with VRi directly themselves.

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/index.php

VRi hardware probably supports more aircraft than all the other vendors put together, that is also worth keeping in mind too.

Cheers, Andy.

well for the NGX the goflight is the best choise the driver they made are so nice and easy and the best combination whit the plug in goflight came whit last year you can set rotation of the buttons to what you like.. in my experince the NGX and goflight is the best ever made to work togeter and gives you the best rotation sensetivity thas often a thing i was annoyd by rotate to much and it dident move that much here it´s as sensetive as the real plane.. if you se videos of pilots using the rotation buttons you often see the the hardware out thet seems to be slow and not able to be compaired.. and i realy hope the 777 would be done aswell the same way as goflight as it works like a dream so happy to use it togeter.. no other planes work so nice as whit the plugin for the ngx... credit both to developer of it to goflight as well as PMDG for giving us a better option to use hardware...       

but in general it´s very importan to make up your mind if you want a mcp for only those 2 planes or others as well.. the problem by getting some of the ones that get closest to look like the real ones are more expensive and requires often a driver to inter fear whit FSX or FS9 it can be good or bad... i tryeid both and could only say get something windows can see and comunicate whit.. the reason for that is i had some elite stuff and it cant run whit out a driver windows cant directly se it and that can be a problem.. i could make this conversation long but i would... so in general i think the best choise if you want it to work to other planes is to get the goflight or vrinsight the last havent been my cop of tea but much happend since i got 1 of the first vrinsight devises. linda and all that and thats usefull at some projects so far goflight isent supported by linda as far as i know, a bit sad as i think not only goflight mcp could have a nice use of it but other devises aswell...

So you have to make the decission if you only want it for ngx and 777  and i can only tell for my experince of vrinsight and goflight... the other 2 companys i can´t but ask the companys if the ngx and 777 would work... i whish i could coment on the other 2 companys but i can´t but i know jetmax would do all they can to give you clear awenser if you ask them i self had some quit nice and detailed conversations whit the guy behind it.. 

Best regards Lars N.

1. cp flight is plug and play

2. MCP PRO and EFIS PRO are as close to the real thing as you can get. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Most VRinsight gear works brilliantly with the PMDG 737NGX, and the hardware works even better and with more features via LINDA to the NGX and many other aircraft too. LINDA is a truly indispensable tool for some VRinsight hardware owners and for conventional HID joystick type devices too. The Airbus panel from VRinsight isn't supported via LINDA though so readers should keep that in mind, although FSUIPC does support it natively, like most other VRi hardware.

A list of compatible aircraft can be found at the link below, its a long link but it is safe I can assure you.

http://vrinsight.com/public_html/download.php?dnfile=Compatibility+add-on+%28JUNE%2C+2013%29.pdf&file=/home/hosting_users/vrinsight/www/webapp/../public_html/upload_dir/board/69539907151b51d373320a.pdf

A word of warning though, no hardware of this type from any manufacturer will ever be totally plug and play and forget, some basic knowledge of editing of files in notepad may be needed at times, but it is really basic stuff and their are lots of people out there with VRi hardware that can help if you need it.

The VRinsight forum can be found at the link below. I run the community forum for VRinisght on voluntary basis, I am not an employee of VRi's, I am just a customer with contacts within the company, so I can help get customers in contact with the right people whenever they need further assistance and they aren't able to get in contact with VRi directly themselves.

http://vrinsight.com/phpBB3_en/index.php

VRi hardware probably supports more aircraft than all the other vendors put together, that is also worth keeping in mind too.

Andy, thank you for taking the time to reply. You (and Lars.. thanks as well) have me leaning to getting the VRi one. Can I beg of you a few more questions.

1. What is LINDA? Is it easy to work with? Never heard of it before.

2. I am planning on having a Precision Flight Controls yoke and rudder which is USB connected and calibrated via fsuipc. Also planning on a JetMax 737 throttle quadrant which is also USB. Just want to make sure they would pay nice with VRi hardware?

Eric 

Information about LINDA can be found right here at AVSIM, its support forum is linked to below, everything you want to know can be found out there.

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/424-linda/

Here is a sentence I grabbed from another post I made on the subject just a few hours ago.

LINDA is basically an idiots front end to FSUIPC to make it much easier to program the VRi hardware panel through FSUIPC without having to go anywhere near FSUIPC once its setup. Plus LINDA makes it easy for the "smart arses" (a complement) to share their hard work (making aircraft compatible) with the likes of you and me :) Not that I'm saying that you are an... I'll shut up now :lol:

VRinsight hardware should work fine with the hardware you mentioned. As far as I know in the 3 and a half years or more that I have run the forum for them there has never been a piece of FS related hardware that wouldn't work along side VRi hardware. One exception is the Triple Head 2 Go, VRinsight do not support that device when used with any of their devices that have a monitor built into them, so that would be products like the CDU2, JetPit, ProPit, etc and this is mentioned in their documentation and in stores. Their is no such problem with Nvidia Surround or whatever ATi's, sorry AMD's equivalent is called these days.

Cheers, Andy.

One thing I forgot to say Eric is that even though LINDA itself is free, you will require a registered version of FSUIPC if you haven't got it already, without it LINDA will not work.

Cheers, Andy.

One thing I forgot to say Eric is that even though LINDA itself is free, you will require a registered version of FSUIPC if you haven't got it already, without it LINDA will not work.

I have a registered version so no worries there. One thing, on the VRi site for the Boeing MCP it says it is compatible with the PMDG 737NG but no mention of the NGX. Just want to confirm if works with the NGX? Based on what your saying it should work with it and the 777 because it's all mapped through fsuipc this not needing the SDK?

Eric