Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

MCP for PMDG?

I never said support for the 777 would be automatic nor did I say that for the NGX either, native support for VRi hardware in FSUIPC has absolutely nothing to do with aircraft support from any developer, the same is true for all FS hardware manufacturers. I have no idea why you got that impression from what I have said.

The MCP2 Boeing panel does have drivers included with it that will allow it to work with the PMDG NGX, or you can use LINDA instead if you wish which will help you do a similar thing through FSUIPC. At no point did I say this was all automatic though just because FSUIPC can see the hardware when its (FSUIPC) setup correctly.

The 777 will still needs its own SDK though, unfortunately its not going to miraculously work just because its it loosely based on the same code as the NGX.

Cheers, Andy.

No, I was not trying to infer that you said that. Meant was it seems the VRi stuff with LINDA would get me more return on investment than say the MCP737PRO from CPFlight.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Ah sorry, I completely misunderstood what you were saying. Yes for sure you will get the best bang per buck with the VRi stuff and LINDA also takes it to another level.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi,

Interesting post.

But I read something which is troubling me:

I have Triple Head 2 go: does it mean VrInsight hardware/drivers cannot be used ?

I did'nt get (understood) that part.

But tnx for taking time to explain.

Hi,

OpenCockpits new MCP v3 is a good MCP and is fully supported with OCP4NGX freeware. PMDG's new B777 will be supported also.

rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I have the goflight mcp and efis. Download the software from goflight and it's plug n play. Works flawlessly with ngx, very happy with it.

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Darren Morris

I have the CPFlight MCP together with an EFIS unit. I have no experience whatsover of VRInsight but I do have 7 Goflight modules and used to have an Goflight MCP. All I can say is that the quality of the CPFlight MCP way exceeds the Goflight Modules. Of course it's also much more expensive, so you get what you pay for.

If you are looking for the most bang for the buck, the VRInsight does seem to take the top spot.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks guys for all the replys. I have actually decided to go with the JetMax MCP EFIS combo

Eric 

What was your reason for going jetmax please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi,

Interesting post.

But I read something which is troubling me:

I have Triple Head 2 go: does it mean VrInsight hardware/drivers cannot be used ?

I did'nt get (understood) that part.

But tnx for taking time to explain.

If you only want to use an MCP panel or something like that then there are no issues with using VRi hardware with TH2GO, only VRi devices with intergrated monitors/displays are not supported, so we are talking about devices such as;

CDU2

GPS5

Propit

Jetpit

µ-Propit

µ-Jetpit, there may be others but I cant remember them just now.

None of those devices are officially supported to work with a TH2GO, but they will work with Nvidia Surround and the equivalent system from AMD/ATI. You may be able to get them to work with a TH2GO but VRi will not offer you any support in doing this as its a very hit and miss affair, so its fairer to the customers to say up front that it is just not supported, like their stance on fullscreen use of the above devices in FSX is not officially supported either. Some people manage to get fullscreen mode to work but many don't and even the ones that do get it to work can't get it to work every time with every aircraft.

@@B777ER Eric you do realise you are locking yourself in to a very limited set of aircraft with that choice don't you? I thought you said you wanted to use as many different aircraft as possible with your hardware?

Cheers, Andy.

@@B777ER Eric you do realise you are locking yourself in to a very limited set of aircraft with that choice don't you? I thought you said you wanted to use as many different aircraft as possible with your hardware?

Andy, my mobile phone does not work well on the VRi site. Can you tell me how much is the Boeing MCP ComboII is?

Also, how much is the CDUII? And does it work with a USB to VGA adapter? Can I assume the CDUII works well with the NGX?

For the price of one of those more expensive MCP's I may be able to get both of these from VRinsight

Eric 

The CDU2 will not work through a USB to VGA adapter, or should I say its unlikely to, I've not tried it myself so I have no idea, I suspect not though.

Prices vary depending on where in the world you are, have you not tried looking locally on the web, many places stock VRinsight hardware.

Here is a link to one such retailer in the US, there are others;

http://www.fspilotshop.com/hardware-panels-control-modules-c-1_9.html?page=3&sort=2a

This one is in Canada;

http://www.sohodiffusion.com/parmarque.asp?manufac=601

Cheers, Andy.

The CDU2 will not work through a USB to VGA adapter, or should I say its unlikely to, I've not tried it myself so I have no idea, I suspect not though.

Prices vary depending on where in the world you are, have you not tried looking locally on the web, many places stock VRinsight hardware.

Here is a link to one such retailer in the US, there are others;

http://www.fspilotshop.com/hardware-panels-control-modules-c-1_9.html?page=3&sort=2a

This one is in Canada;

http://www.sohodiffusion.com/parmarque.asp?manufac=601

Did not know about fspilotshop. Thanks for that. Just read some reviews, sounds like it would be foolish of me NOT to buy the VRi one. Guess I will go with it.

Eric 

Lol B777ER, I think you need to do more research on what's available and what exactly you are going for as you are all over the spectrum. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money or deny anyone a sale, but take my word as I've owned Vri's MCP, Goflights MCP, and Opencockpits MCP they are all great products that I enjoyed, but each was what I truly wanted/afford at a particular time.

Also I would not recommend USB to VGA adapters with undocked FSX gauges as the drivers are usually buggy and not designed for graphics. I have my CDU on a USB to VGA adapter, but I'm nut using undocked gauges, but a cockpit suite. 

Lol B777ER, I think you need to do more research on what's available and what exactly you are going for as you are all over the spectrum. Not trying to tell you how to spend your money or deny anyone a sale, but take my word as I've owned Vri's MCP, Goflights MCP, and Opencockpits MCP they are all great products that I enjoyed, but each was what I truly wanted/afford at a particular time.

Also I would not recommend USB to VGA adapters with undocked FSX gauges as the drivers are usually buggy and not designed for graphics. I have my CDU on a USB to VGA adapter, but I'm nut using undocked gauges, but a cockpit suite.

Ya, welcome to a visual representation of me making my mind up. I am buying another 3500 dollars worth of hardware so the VRi gear is my best bang for the buck.

Eric