Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

Map display doesn't update

I am starting my 737 cold and dark.  I go through all the procedures, I even initialize the IRS and wait for the align lights to go out.  But the map display will not initialize.  I have no idea what I need to do.

Do you have the IRS on fast or normal Align.  The fast Align happens in a matter of seconds and the normal Align takes 10 minutes.  You can select it in the PMDG menu in the FMC.  You also need to do whatjohnsturm said above, set the position in the CDU Init Ref page.

Rob

And what if the set IRS never appears on the POS INIT page ? This happens tome quite often... any ideas?

And what if the set IRS never appears on the POS INIT page ? This happens tome quite often... any ideas?

If you load the NGX in a default state, the CDU will not request a position. It uses the center of the departure airport as the GPS position. See pages 17-18 of totorial 1.

Michael Cubine

Actually, I always start Cold&Dark for the first flight, as I use FS2Crew.

I notice that sometines qhen I ser the IRS switches to NAV for some reason I do not get the Enter IRS position on the CDU. That is what I meant...

Then it sounds as if you are not following the normal procedure for start up and initialization of the FMC.  As said above read the tutorial and find out what you are doing wrong.

Rob

Then it sounds as if you are not following the normal procedure for start up and initialization of the FMC.  As said above read the tutorial and find out what you are doing wrong.

Rob

It may sound, but nope, you are wrong.

People here tendto answer all questions about problems with read the manual and see the tutorial. Well, afret dozens of videos from Angle of Attack, which I subscribe and watched, I can bet I know how to folloe ALL procedures, thanks.

All I want is suggestions of what the problem may be, not refferals to manuals and/or tutorials, thanks.

If you are doing everything correctly you should not be getting that problem.  First time I've seen a post on the IRS.  Suggest you submit a ticket to PMDG.

Rob