Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

GEX for Prepar3d

Just adding to the 'FTX Global' - all the way for me too. I have a ghost image of my recent FSX install before I installed GEX. Soon as FTXG is released my ghost image is getting installed and GEX install files are being permanently deleted.

Had enough of the pea green effect anyhow.

My scenery base will consist mainly of FTX and from the sounds of things to come I shouldnt have to worry about addon compatibility etc

P3D is the next thing I am waiting for which FTX will work in. Seems the most logical direction to go.

You can always respect something but not like it. Sometimes I don't like speed limits when I am running late, but I still respect them since its the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bill is saying that since his last oil change his car manufacturer set his car speed limit to the max allowed by the law and he got ###### off because he want to break them, so to be able to use his car the way he want to he will by another car produce by another manufacturer.

Maybe they have good commercial reasons, and they, as software producers, can choose their marketing stategy.

At the same time I, as customer, can choose my buying strategy.

As I almost abandoned FSX more than one year ago and moved to Prepar3D, my strategy at moment is not install in P3D all not P3D compliant or not P3D licensed products, and substitute them with some or other products made by companies supporting P3D.

So as GEX is not licensed to P3D, no GEX for me, waiting for FTX Global, bye bye Flight1, hello Orbx.

At the moment I'm still using FSX only to fly PMDG 737NGX, but if they will persist in their policy (maybe they cannot change it... for now), in same way bye bye PMDG, hello Ifly, Quality Wings, Aerosoft, Majestic, and so on.

Only my humble opinion and personal choice.

Maybe they have good commercial reasons, and they, as software producers, can choose their marketing stategy.

At the same time I, as customer, can choose my buying strategy.

As I almost abandoned FSX more than one year ago and moved to Prepar3D, my strategy at moment is not install in P3D all not P3D compliant or not P3D licensed products, and substitute them with some or other products made by companies supporting P3D.

So as GEX is not licensed to P3D, no GEX for me, waiting for FTX Global, bye bye Flight1, hello Orbx.

At the moment I'm still using FSX only to fly PMDG 737NGX, but if they will persist in their policy (maybe they cannot change it... for now), in same way bye bye PMDG, hello Ifly, Quality Wings, Aerosoft, Majestic, and so on.

Only my humble opinion and personal choice.

And that's the only right and honest thing to do. :hi:

With P3D having the ability to handle larger land classification textures, I would more interested in who's going to develop those, rather than bringing over FSX-sized textures.

Guesstimating a download size of 130gb~ or about 20 hours on my cable!