Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

FMC Weight Init Question

For the longest time since I purchased the MD-11, I've always started my flights with the default panel state (engines already running).

Finally decided to try my flights using the panel state "before engine start".  First I opened the load manager and configured my pax, cargo and fuel.  Then I start FS9, load the MD-11 and create my flight plan.

When I'm at the gate, I open the top menu to access the PMDG settings and I load the "before engine start" panel state.

I complete the first page on the FMC for "INIT".  On page 2 for Weight Init, the UFOB is always 169.9 which is not what I had set on the load manager.  Isn't it always suppose to show the fuel amount I set in the load manager?  The BLOCK fuel right beside UFOB is still empy and I can enter the amount I had previously set in the load manager.  I thought UFOB is suppose to automatically give me the amount of fuel I set in the load manager, and pressing LSK 1R will insert it to the BLOCK fuel.

Is it suppose to be like this?

Thanks

When I'm at the gate, I open the top menu to access the PMDG settings and I load the "before engine start" panel state.

That loads the panel state including fuel amount that was saved with that panel state...169.9

You need to board your required fuel after you have loaded the panel state.

Peter

Peter Schluter

Hi Peter,

I think that's for FSX.  I know when I fly it in FSX, I load up the load manager while in the VC. 

It's different for FS9.  You have to set your pax, fuel configuration before starting FS9.

I wonder if I just have to enter the right amount under BLOCK.  But the 169.9 on the UFOB will still show.

Just thought of a way around it but no time to try yet because I'm ready for bed.  Tomorrow I'm going to try turning on the APU and shutting down the engines and basically begin my flight that way.  I wonder if the correct fuel setting in the FMC will remain after I shut the engines off.  Will report back.

I use FS9. If I set the fuel with the load manager, the correct amount will be in the aircraft when I start FS9 and load the MD-11. But as soon as I select a saved panel state, the fuel will change to however much is associated with that panel state.

So I load fuel through the PMDG menu within FS9 after I have loaded a panel state

Peter

Peter Schluter

Maurice,

the most realistic way is to load an earlier panel state, these have a fuel amount with them that corresponds to what you'd have when arriving at the gate. With this you would then use the refuelling menu in the MCDU, which would then initiate refuelling in the real sequence and the real time it takes. You can then watch the fuel being distributed on the SD FUEL page. Very neat :)

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Burkhard