Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Autosaver for FSX and SimConnect

Hi.

Can anyone help me get Autosave for FSX running? When I start it I get an error message - 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...'  This is the text:

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at FSProxy.SimpleConnector..ctor(IntPtr wHnd)
   at FSX_AutoSaver.frmMain.btnStart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have FSUIPC of course. Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll is installed in the FSX/Autosave folder itself. Should it be else where too? Putting a copy in the Modules folder doesn't help.

I found this thread, but the reply saying that the 'steps fixed the problem' doesn't seem very helpful as the poster doesn't say which steps:

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/177471-simconnect-error-on-64-bit-platforms/

Thanks for any advice.

Martin

I found this thread, but the reply saying that the 'steps fixed the problem' doesn't seem very helpful as the poster doesn't say which steps:

Sounds like the person fixed the problem by reinstalling SimConnect.  Did you install the SDK in the FSX Deluxe version, run SimConnect MSI, then install SP1a, run SimConnect msi, then install the SDK for SP2 then run the SimConnect.msi?  Has to be done.  Here's the instructions - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29.  There's a link to SimConnect at this link too that you can click on for more info. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks - I did do all that at one stage, I am 99% sure. I certainly have all that software installed, but I've been abroad for a year (minus my FS PC) so have sort of forgotten the details! Will try again, as you suggest and post back results. Thank you.

I started from scratch - made sure I had Net 2.0 installed, uninstalled the FSX SDK and installed again, as per instructions, running the msi at each of the three installations. FSX Autosave still won't run. I'll just not use it I suppose, I don't know what else to try and it's not a huge inconvenience.

Martin

I started from scratch - made sure I had Net 2.0 installed, uninstalled the FSX SDK and installed again, as per instructions, running the msi at each of the three installations. FSX Autosave still won't run. I'll just not use it I suppose, I don't know what else to try and it's not a huge inconvenience.

Martin

attachicon.gifScreenshot_094.jpg

I apologize for the confusion.  SimConnect is installed when you install FSX/Acceleration.  The .msi's I mentioned are for connecting to another computer so disregard. An updated version of SimConnect is installed with each version of FSX so you want to make sure you installed FSX, SP1, and then SP2.  In between installs, make sure you started up FSX and made sure it was running properly before installing the updates.  SimConnect, the version for SP2 could not load the addon you installed called AutoSaver for FSX.  So, my suggestion is to uninstall AutoSaver, run FSX, then install AutoSaver again.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I haven't been totally clear either: I have FSX + Acceleration. I followed the instructions for that setup.(I don't need the SPs).

Will try uninstalling Autosaver and reinstalling. I don't thin k there's much I can do about SimConnect - it must be all installed as per instructions.

Thanks

Just the same error message. I give up.

You'll have to go to the developer of Autosaver to fix it. SimConnect just doesn't like the Autosaver program.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It's probably not a Simconnect problem. The .NET VM is refusing to load the DLL - my guess is that the program is a 64-bit executable and the managed SimConnect library is 32-bit.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Could be. Not an essential programme for me, so I shan't lose too much sleep over it. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sorry for such a long response.  I was looking on this forum, having the same problem.  I have found a different AutoSave program that works great for me.  FSX/SP2 FSXSave Autosave on www.flyawaysimulation.com