Sign in to follow this  
glencoeian

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS problem

Hi folks, wonder if someone could help. I use a couple of accessories with FSX, Saitek control yoke for all my GA flights and it works fine along with engine controls and trim wheel. I also use thrustmaster warthog HOTAS for the fast jet flying. While the throttle works fine I have a major problem with the joystick. Elevator control is fine but no matter what I try to do in calibration / configuration set up I have no yaw control - I don't know what to do - anyone else had this problem and suggest a fix? Thanks in advance. Ian

I am buying the warthog shortly, so I have been investigating its capabilities for a while now. Unfotunately it does not provide yaw rudder action. You (and I), will need to get rudder peddles. It is a replica of the real world A10 HOTAS, so they did not include twist grip or any other rudder control.

But this will not stop me from purchasing the best HOTAS ever made.

Hi Dagger - I have Saitek combat rudder pedals so wasn't looking for a twist grip rudder function - the problem is while it will give upwards and downwards pitch any sideward movement of the stick does not produce a banking action to the aircraft so you simply crash unless you control with the yoke which defeats the whole purpose. Not quite the same flying a harrier or typhoon with a flight yoke. I'm a bit lost to what to try next in calibration there's plenty of sideward movement but it doesn't translate to flying. You'll love the warthog though and you do need pedals and the DCS A10 is a dream to fly ! cheers

Hi folks, wonder if someone could help. I use a couple of accessories with FSX, Saitek control yoke for all my GA flights and it works fine along with engine controls and trim wheel. I also use thrustmaster warthog HOTAS for the fast jet flying. While the throttle works fine I have a major problem with the joystick. Elevator control is fine but no matter what I try to do in calibration / configuration set up I have no yaw control - I don't know what to do - anyone else had this problem and suggest a fix? Thanks in advance. Ian

Rudder controls Yaw and Warthogs don't have rudder pedals. Warthog standard axis are Elevators, Ailerons, Throttles. You need to plug a set of rudder pedals in to get Yaw to work. 

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hi Dagger - I have Saitek combat rudder pedals so wasn't looking for a twist grip rudder function - the problem is while it will give upwards and downwards pitch any sideward movement of the stick does not produce a banking action to the aircraft so you simply crash unless you control with the yoke which defeats the whole purpose. Not quite the same flying a harrier or typhoon with a flight yoke. I'm a bit lost to what to try next in calibration there's plenty of sideward movement but it doesn't translate to flying. You'll love the warthog though and you do need pedals and the DCS A10 is a dream to fly ! cheers

I think you mean roll (as controlled by the ailerons), not yaw. As someone else suggested, make sure you don't have any conflicting devices plugged in. Also, I suggest un-checking "Enable Controllers" in FSX and configuring the Warthog through FSUIPC. You can take a look at the axis configuration in FSUIPC and see very quickly whether the roll axis is working. If it's not reading it at all, try unplugging the controllers, plugging them back in and then calibrating--through Windows, not FSUIPC.

Glen , I hope you will update us on your issue since I will be purchasing the Warthog very soon and I would love to know how it works with FSX. I will be spending my time between DCS. ARMA, IL2 series as well, but with all the available buttons for FSX I thought it would be a great product with FSX compatibility out of the box.

Let us know how you make out

Glen , I hope you will update us on your issue since I will be purchasing the Warthog very soon and I would love to know how it works with FSX. I will be spending my time between DCS. ARMA, IL2 series as well, but with all the available buttons for FSX I thought it would be a great product with FSX compatibility out of the box.

Let us know how you make out

I've had mine 2 years, and it works like a dream. I fly the a320' NGX and the MD11, all different config s and all work fine. Even the MD 11' s 3 throttles.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I have used both FSUIPC and FSX routines and my Warthog works with either equally well. I suspect that the problem here is related to FSX axis assignment as its fairly easy not to see the wood for the trees. E.G. Aileron axis may be assigned somewhere else etc. 

In particular check out the second throttle assignment.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.