Sign in to follow this  

757 production line may close - say it ain't so!

I hope someone will place an order for the 757!

Well what do you expect, 757s are one of the most popular lines out there. They've saturated the market ;-)

Guest wathomas777

It was inevitable. When the 737 was "re-released" with the newer engines (not the cigar ones of the original 737), and longer range and capacity, the 757's market niche was bound to shrink.777's could actually almost take over the 747's runs if it weren't for the FAA's restrictions on Twins. 767's fill in the gap for aging DC10's and L1011's. The 757 was originally a nice fuel efficient replacement for the 727.The 737 was originally designed for the type of service that Embrarers and Bombadiers are now currently controlling. The 737 now takes larger runs, and the 757 lacks the range and the capacity to seriously contend with the 767 or 777.It was a nice plane that unfortunately just found itself squeezed out by its brothers.

What will I do? my user name has "752" in it. Maybe they should develop a more powerful 757, make it a little thicker, and bulge out the area where the wing meets the fuselage, more fuel! I do not want to see the 757 disapear to the little 737, even if a 737-900 is pretty darn big...Paul Meyer - Morris, C09status.php?id=810173&indicator=OD1&a=a.jhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...7b45404593a.jpg

Maybe i will order a 757 to help keep it alive :)

Guest ba747heavy

>Maybe i will order a 757 to help keep it alive :):-hah So will I, so that makes two new orders for Boeing ;-)Sad, sad. I love that plane, shame it's brothers and cousins beat it out :(

Every aircraft that I start to love, except the A320, goes out of production like the MD-80, MD-90, MD-11, A310, and now the 757I'm going to Boeing to protest:-8

I was also just starting to get into the 757. Nice pic of a319. NWAtech can you check your priv messages? :)

When Boeing releases the 7E7, that'll spell the end of the 767 too... the march of progress guys, what can you do?Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Last I heard the 757 book was over 1000 delivered and ordered...thats a successful run in anyone's book.They could shut the line down today, and you would still see large numbers of them flying a decade down the road, maybe 2...just see how the 727 stayed front and center for so long.One of my favorites too...it won't disappear from the skies till we're all much older...Dave

Guest cw1011

As a passenger I hated flying on that plane. Cramped, crowded - a flying greyhound bus. I would be happy to see the passing of that plane, were it not that its replacement, a 737 that can fly across the country, is just as uncomfortable. Just a passenger's opinion. Colin

what plane do you find comfortable?

Guest ba747heavy

>what plane do you find comfortable?Heeeeee, I have never met a 'comfortable' plane in my life :DOf course, comfortable would be free massages, beds, a personal waitress.....;-)

I've heard that before, and I think there is one place to point the "blame"...The airlines cram so many seats in, so they can satisfy the market desire for "cheap" seats. I rarely fly the airlines, as the inability to cross my legs is, indeed, unbearable for more than a short flight. TWA and more recently AA had more legroom for a while, but the few extra bucks the tickets cost had pax #s drop...too bad.It just isn't the same...airlines run by former .com execs, cattlecar riding conditions, box lunches...all for cheap tickets. Somewhere along the line, the airlines will hit a certain point where either the passengers cry foul due to the physical abuse, or the FAA makes it a safety issue. I'm sure first class in a 757 is quite comfy...for a price...