Sign in to follow this  
Guest DemolitionMan

Displayed GPS unit...how to change?

Guest dljolly

With the variety of add od aircraft I have, there are some which have an annoying trait. If I load certain jetliners, some show the little handheld Garmin GPS face when I select the GPS display. Is there something in the aircraft.cfg file that allows me to change to the "square faced" GPS? I've searched but haven't figured this one out. I'm just looking for a more realistic display for some of the big iron.Thanks, and good flying!DaveKCOS

Dave, If I understand you correctly, If you want the latest GPS there is a download from www.simflyer.com which is the latest (Garmin gnsv4 $18.) that you can add to most aircraft but I must tell you that you need to understand the panel files in each aircraft. I had to get some help but after I got on to it, I like what I see.Tony

Guest DemolitionMan

HiIt's fairly simple to change the panel cfg entry for the gps so that it calls the gps500 instead of the gps295. Go to the Panel cfg of the aircraft in question, and open it with notepad. Scroll down till you find the entry for the gps. It should look something like this:[Window02]size_mm=545,354window_size=0.5,0.3625position=2BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_295, 0,0Delete this entry, and replace it with the entry for the gps500 from one of the default aircraft that has it, it should look similar to this:[Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0The window numbers COULD be different, and you MAY have to experiment with the window size and position, but in most cases it works as is.Before you start experimenting, be sure to MAKE A BACKUP of all the panel cfg's you want to modify, in case you make a mistake.In this case, you can just overwrite the botched one with the copy of the default, and then try again!Hope this helps, have fun with it!BestGrahame (EDHL)