Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

Track Ir Limit

Hello there.

I'm trying to add limit to the Track Ir but I have absolutly no clue on what value I should enter into ???

How am I suppose to know what number are correct ?

Can you give me a range of the standar value for a GA airplane ?

You can use the green arrow keys to set the limits. Clicking on the same arrow again will speed up the camera movement.

The red (and Set) buttons will stop movement when in Continuous mode. In Stepped mode click on the green arrow to move in increments, the increment size is determined by the Speed slider bar.

Click on each Set button to fix the limits. The appropriate limit settings will be displayed in the corresponding box

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I understand how to use the GUI what I don't know is what value I shall enter into.

How can I know that ? Is there any way to see the limit in game coresponding to the value I enter into ?

You don't need to enter any values, just move the eye point to each limit in turn and when you are happy with it just press the relevent Set button. The software will assign the value for you. To check a limit then just click on the Goto. You can adjust the limits as much as you want.

Stephen

But how can I know when to stop ?

If I try to adjust the limit while in game for some reason the VC view "step out" from the aircraft.

This is what I see when trying to adjust the camera while in game :

opus.jpg

I probably miss something do you have a tutorial with picture or a video to explain how I am supposed to proceed ?

You stop where you want the limit to be. In VCs its normally inside the cockpit, unless your flying an open cockpit tail dragged etc.

You set and control the limits, you set whatever limits you want, you decide when to stop and set the limit. Move it back and forth, set each axis separately to keep things simple. But its all up to you where you want each limit to be.

Stephen

Usually you ONLY set limits for virtual cockpit views, not external. Before assigning the limit, select and display the view you want the limits to apply to.

Stephen

First, select your VC camera view, the view you want to set TIR limits for, then follow the instructions in the Live Camera manual. You create limits for a specific cockpit, these same limits can be associated with all the VC views for that aircraft cockpit. Just select the first cockpit view that you need limits assigning to, then create and name them, then associate them with your other VC views in the same cockpit.

Stephen

Stephen, the view you can see in my picture is my virtual cockpit view when trying to set the limit in game (check the red mention in the upper right it is writen "vue du cockpit : cockpit virtuel" wich means virtual cockpit).

For some reason the virtual cockpit view that is normal before I press the "camera" button on the GUI (i.e. I am inside the cockpit) "step out" from the airplane and is sudenly outside and in front of it just like in my picture.

So you understand it's kinda hard to set the proper limit in this conditions.

Yes. You must select your VC view after you have opened the Cameras dialog. When you first open the Cameras dialog it displays the first camera view in the list. So select the VC view you want with the Select... button, then you can create named TIR limits for that view. Best read the Live Camera guide carefully before you do anything further it will explain a lot including provide a step by step guide to creating a VC view.

Stephen