Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Editvoicepack 3.1 and FS9's ATC Speed rate

Will EVP 3.1 increase the ATC speed rate in FS9? Or there is another program that actually does that? Pilot_76

Yes.Been working great here, can't imagine ever going back.Phrases can also be edited, for example, on my machine:Old ATC:"EGF4626, fly straight in, rwy 27L."New ATC:"EGF4626, continue inbound, rwy 27L, altimeter 2944."_Old ATC:"EGF4626, cleared for takeoff rwy 27L."New ATC:"EGF4626, wind 281 at 16, cleared for takeoff rwy 27L."etc.....

Regards,

Brian Doney

EVP 3.1 is not only going to give the option of increased ATC speed, it will also include ability to modify phrases (you can pick and choose one, several, all or retain the default) and in addition many non-tower airports are now named. I'm real excited about all of these changes because they really add to the realism.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

how easy is it to change the phraseology like that?...is it simply a matter of a few clicks or is it something more time consuming involved?...and how does it know how to say those words?...its not using your own voice is it? (like where youd have to record the phrase you want in your own voice and its just playing it back).Id like atc to give me the winds on take off and landing.Now all we need is some sort of modification that will stop the atc from giving too many hand-offs all the time :-)...i spend more time changing freqs than flying it seems.Dave

You will find most of the ICAO phrases have already been done, you just pick and choose, or select all. I have prefered keeping "point" instead of changing to "decimal" but there many countries where "decimal" is more realistic. The voice mods are done by slicing portions of existing words together so the voices are the exact same ones used in the sim, not your own voice. The ATC is only being modified in what is said during a given phrase, when these phrases are prompted is not changed. At present there is no way to make the ATC perform additional functions.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

OK got it but still that question, to accelerate the whole ATC process is a simple click or do I have to convert the whole enchilada one by one? To apply any other modification to the default ATC gotta do the same thing or will I have options to what will be modified?When is Voicepack 3.1 out?ThanxPilot_76

Exactly right.I have a feeling that we're all going to end up with our own "custom" phrases. What I mean by that is, since I fly primarily commercial sims in the USA, my focus with EVP has been to increase comm efficiency, centering around busy airports like O'Hare.Another example:Old phraes used to readback a clearance from clearance delivery:"Cleared to O'Hare airport as filed. Fly runway heading, climb and maintain 6,000. Departure on 120.55, squawk 3145, EGF4626."My modification:"Copy 6000 initial, departure on 120.55, squawk 3145, EGF4626."This "shortening" may not be acceptable to everyone, but for busier facilities, is quite the norm, and is what I was after.I've also modified taxi instructions, so that an altimeter reading is given at the end of the instructions issued by ground. I also added an altimeter reading for initial contact with tower, when inbound on the approach, as in my previous post.When cleared to land, I've added winds to the end of the landing clearance, and also to the begining of the takeoff clearance, also as in my previous post.It is not the magic bullet for AI, bear that in mind. For the first time, however; ATC is able to avoid lagging behind the traffic as bad as it used to. Having said that, it most certainly is an improvement.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest lmoelleb

>OK got it but still that question, to accelerate the whole>ATC process is a simple click or do I have to convert the>whole enchilada one by one? All you need to do is set a checkbox when running Update Voicepack.>To apply any other modification to>the default ATC gotta do the same thing or will I have options>to what will be modified?Modifications can be enabled or disabled individually or in groups.>>When is Voicepack 3.1 out?Best case sometime tomorrow (2004-10-17). Worst case Christmas - in a yet to be determined year. The problem with beta testing is that you NEVER know when/if errors are found, hence it is impossible to give a real release schedule.

Guest Kilstorm

Does it allow to change hand offs to ground to something like "contact ground on point seven" from "contact ground on 121.7"? And also does allow to remove, "turn next taxiway"?

Guest lmoelleb

>Does it allow to change hand offs to ground to something like>"contact ground on point seven" from "contact ground on>121.7"?No. ATC will alwys read the full numbers, there is nothing to do about this.> And also does allow to remove, "turn next taxiway"?I have not tried, but I guess it could at least be changed to an empty message.

Thanks to Lars and the rest who answered. I'd just like to request to have this 3.1 version on EVP on the AVSIM headlines as soon when it is available.Pilot_76

Guest Kilstorm

Really looking forward to this new version.

If I could make a reccomendation:Those that are not familiar with EVP, why not download 3.0 and familiarize yourself with making/editing callsigns, etc. ? This will make it much easier for you to use 3.1, once it is ready. Lars really has done a great job, and the beta I have has run without issue so far. Anyway, here's to a expeditious release, and a thank you from me, Lars, for your efforts.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Kilstorm

Brian,Now that I have 3.1 can you please post the old and new exact lines to change so that I can get my machine to do the same."EGF4626, wind 281 at 16, cleared for takeoff rwy 27L.""EGF4626, continue inbound, rwy 27L, altimeter 2944.""Copy 6000 initial, departure on 120.55, squawk 3145, EGF4626."Would love to add the above new phrases as well as:1) remove the "taxi in" part of the "taxi in postion and hold" So its just "postion and hold"