Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Editvoicepack 3.1 and FS9's ATC Speed rate

Not a problem."EGF4626, wind 281 @ 16, cleared for takeoff rwy 27L"TWR_AC_CLEARED_TAKEOFF_IFR, wind , cleared for takeoff . ____________________________________________"EGF4626, continue inbound, rwy 27L, altimeter 2944."also can be:"EGF4626, continue approach, rwy 27L, altimeter 2944."Two entries:ENTRY_STRAIHT_IN (0 and 1)You'll need to create the phrases "Continue inbound" and "Continue approach" using the sound editor, then assign them to the ENTRY_STRAIGHT_IN values.____________________________________________"Copy 6000 initial, departure on 120.55, squawk 3145, EGF4626."AC_AGNT_IFR_CLEARANCE_READBACKCopy, initial, for departure, squawk , .____________________________________________"1) remove the "taxi in" part of the "taxi in postion and hold" So its just "postion and hold"TWR_AC_POSITION_AND_HOLD, position and hold.Just shorten the original "taxi into position and hold" with the sound editor._____________________________________________Any other questions you, or anyone else for that matter, might have, please feel free to use my e-mail, that may be more convenient. EDIT: Also, there is the EVP forum, which I forgot to mention.http://www.flightsimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Kilstorm

Is there a way you can export these and email them to me to be imported? I am just really scared about screwing things up with this.kilstorm@comcast.net

I downloaded and installed 3.1, but am I correct in assuming that these cool phraseology changes I have to make myself manually? It'd be really great if someone who's done it already could release a file that adds them into EVP automatically.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well, Lars does have a server that he's maintained since the begining of EVP for just this purpose. He accepts uploads from users, verifies that they are acceptable, and then makes them available to everyone using the update dialog in EVP.This has worked very well for callsign/facility name modification. It may not, IMHO, work so well for phraseology changes. Put it this way, a callsign is a callsign. As long as Lars can verify the callsign is correct for the airline, and as long as the sound file submitted works, the callsign can be accepted, and that callsign will be the same globaly.Phraseology, on the other hand, varies quite a bit, in different locations in the same country, much less around the world. Lars has stated that he would like to be able to verify our new phrases, preferably in reference to officialy accepted phraseology. In some cases this will be just fine, but in others, not so easy.For example:In Atlanta, a clearance readback only requires squawk code and callsign, unless there is a question about the clearance, obviously in order to expedite the high number of movements there. Most airports in the world do not handle clearances this way. Who is correct ? They all are, because obviously ATC will handle this sort of thing based on their needs locally.So, if I make my changes based on what I hear in Chicago, you make yours based on what you hear in Atlanta, someone else makes theirs based on what is heard In New York....see where this goes ? Not to mention, that in high traffic areas, sometimes the phraseology "rules" have to be bent, in order to keep comms flowing, in which case these phrases would be impossible to verify.I doubt if Lars is willing to keep 1000 versions of the same phrase on his server, but that is of course his decision. Maybe he has a better idea already in the works.

Regards,

Brian Doney

I installed Editvoicepack 3.1 last night.Am assuming Lars used some sort of time compression tool in a wav editor like SoundForge or CoolEdit to speed up all the ATC wav files..am sort of getting used to it now ... just make sure you listen carefully to the ATC instructions.At quiet GA airfields it doesn't sound that realistic (if anything the controller sounds like he has been popping amphetamine) but at larger commercial airfields it does have the effect of getting the AI traffic moving much quicker (and no go arounds at EGKK so far..hurrah!)Thanks for a highly useful freeware addon:)Adam