Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

Night textures

I installed the shader fix that everyone is talking about. I have tried DX10 before and have really liked it....during the day.

I have the issue of not having any airport textures at night and subpar performance during the day at the flytampa airports.

This has kept me from staying with DX10. Is the shader fix supposed to fix this? Hopefully so. Is there even a fix for this? What's the cause of it? I have been so curious lately.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Have you tried Addon Converter X yet?  There is a free trial that allows you to use it for 10 minutes, the full version is like $20.  It fix a lot of the problems with addons in DX10.  The lights are still a problem even with this software, but it should fix a lot of your missing textures and blank AI aircraft and vehicles and things.

I installed the full version but I actually never got it too work. I chalked it up to a lousy software and of operater error lol.

Matt kubanda

Next thing would be to write the developer of the DX10 incompatable software to try and urge them to start making their addons DX10 compatable.  There is a little push happening as people are starting to realize that with Steve's fixes that DX10 is the future of FSX.  I could never go back to DX9.

You really think that would help? I never gave that a thought. I was wear bing the dx10 forum and appearently there is some guy named Steve working on a fix for everything wrong with dx10 but I don't really know anything about that.

Matt kubanda

I would suggest giving DX10 a shot.  It has kept me simming, no doubt.  You can always revert back to DX9 if you want to, but you won't want to.

Go check out the "how to" section in the DX10 forum and follow the directions.  The improvement gains I have seen with it is night and day.  I tried going back to DX9, and after seeing a constantly smooth 30 fps in most situations in DX10, the same scenarios would bring me upper teens and low 20s, with constant fluctuations in DX9.

Mileage varies, but DX10 seems to force FSX to utilize your hardware better, which is important with newer systems.

Night textures problems keep me in DX9 mode. Hope there will be a fix soon.

What's the cause of the missing textures?

Matt kubanda

I just switch back to dx9 if I have a night flight easy fix takes like 10 sec to edit the.cfg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

takes 10 seconds to edit the fix but i would have to restart the sim in order for the changes to take effect.

Matt kubanda

takes 10 seconds to edit the fix but i would have to restart the sim in order for the changes to take effect.

If you do it via the FSX.cgf file before you fly you don't have to reset you sim.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have read elsewhere that airport lighting needs fixing but I cannot find anywhere that mentions in particular the lack of lights in the autgen buildings either with GEX, Orbx, or default. Have I simply missed a setting somewhere. Incidently I have replaced 3.2.1 with 3.2.2 and that has fixed my flittery taxi/runway. .......and my aliasing is so minimal it makes me giggle.

Any ideas on the building lights?

Thanks

W10 Pro,   Maximus XI Hero Z390,   i9-9900K@5.0G, Air,   1000 Watt PSU,   G.SKILL RipJaw-V 32GB,   2-RTX2080-Ti's,   Samsung 970 PRO 512GB,   Couple More SSD's,    2-Vast Curved 3440X1440,    2-Asus 27" flats,                 .......Everything MAXED!

If you do it via the FSX.cgf file before you fly you don't have to reset you sim.
so if I'm flying during the day than into the night, then what will I do?

Matt kubanda

so if I'm flying during the day than into the night, then what will I do?

If I know I'll be flying till its dark I just use dx9 hopefully the new DX10 fixes will be comming soon and finally solve all the issues

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yeah see that's why I haven't switched to dx10 yet. The texture fix installer is not long away so hopefully that will truly fix the issues.

Matt kubanda