Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

Night textures

If I know I'll be flying till its dark I just use dx9 hopefully the new DX10 fixes will be comming soon and finally solve all the issues

Yeah see that's why I haven't switched to dx10 yet. The texture fix installer is not long away so hopefully that will truly fix the issues.

Soon???!!! Do you know something more about this?:)

Soon???!!! Do you know something more about this?:)

Paul is kind of Steve's spokesperson on this forum and in another thread (which i can't remember) he stated that Steve was almost done with it.

Like everyone else on DX10 I can hardly wait!

Paul is kind of Steve's spokesperson on this forum and in another thread (which i can't remember) he stated that Steve was almost done with it.

you took the words right of my mouth

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

These are GREAT news!!!!!!!!!! I visit Steve's blog everyday.

These are GREAT news!!!!!!!!!! I visit Steve's blog everyday.

Yea, it supposedly works great and should be ready for release in a couple of weeks.

I was going to start a new thread on this topic but I'll ask it here since it seems to directly pertain to the OP...

What is the issue with night textures/night flying with DX10? I've read a number of comments about reverting to DX9 for night flying. I've read remarks about everything being 'grey'. Is this an issue with certain add-ons or fundamental to FSX? I don't seem to have any issues with DX10 at night, but my installation (scenery-wise) is pretty basic... GEX NA plus a handful of freeware airport & misc. add-ons.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Is this an issue with certain add-ons ?

Yep. That's it. The problem comes with almost all airports of Aerosoft and Flytampa. And I have so many of these two developers. FSDreamTeam airports are DX10 compatible.

I don't know what Steve has in mind to fix this but Aerosoft and Flytampa said that they won't make DX10 versions in the future.

Mostly from info gleaned from Steve, there are lots of reasons for grey textures, and here are just a few: there are some issues caused by unfixed DX10 shader coding errors (made by the MS ACES Team): devs who use old, comfortable tools and methods: legacy bgl's (FS7 and FS8 use different methods for handling transparency, for e.g.): some devs don't include, or miss, night textures: using differently-sized day and night textures: shaders compiled with the wrong flags set, etc..   

Mid-Atlantic Air Museum (MAAM) without fix.. The first pic is a chain-link fence. Same fence, corrected. Other pics show the internal hangar lights working, but with an opaque fence. Here are a couple from Steve's testing, (AeroSoft's Mega Paris)  back in December 2012:

Fly Tampa's scenery's are mostly not compatible, showing grey boxes along the runway's grass edging: FlightBeam's KSFO has water texture problems, with grey walls and square green blocks for taxyway lighting, plus other issues. FSDT is similar, though Umberto is responding to our growing demands for scenery compatibility, with FlightBeam probably working on their's too. FlyTampa has slipped a long way from it's #1 position in the quality scenery world, with odd airports spread globally, and only two which are DX10-compliant (Grenadines and Hong-Kong), and very little (stated) intention of coding for DX10.

.. and then there is our Sim-Addons, with it's fabulous, growing line of fully-compliant Canadian airports! If they take the "trouble" to do it - why can't the rest???

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks jewel and Paul - that clears that up for me.

Those results of Steve's on the AeroSoft Paris look really promising!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yeah flytampa is becoming a distant favorite of mine

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Paul what is SceneryFixer that I saw at the bottom-left from Paris pics? :Thinking:

A320 Night Landing at Madrid, DX10 and nothing else added.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Paul what is SceneryFixer that I saw at the bottom-left from Paris pics? :Thinking:

Steve with a post in his blog gave me the GREAT news!!!

A lot of airports have night_non_textured buildings in DX10. This can be solved with model converterX from Arno, importing the library of the airport and exported again in FSX mode after check of the eventual missing textures. It works for the majority of the airports, but there are some left in which that does not work (LFML 2013 for example). Perfect in DX9, but no texture in DX10, day or night. Till now, I did not find any solution for this one.