Sign in to follow this  
AS129 - Michael Johnson

Active Sky Evolution - What is causing this?

Greetings all.....  I hope that someone might provide me with a solution for this problem or aim me in the right direction.  I am running Active Sky Evolution with FS9 and Windows 7 (clean install of OS, etc....) and this is happening (see attachment).  This only happens when running Active Sky.  When I use FS9's real world weather, no problems at all.  This problem has gotten so bad that I cannot even use Active Sky right now.  I had to use my cellphone to screen capture the problem while videoing it because I couldn't hit "print screen" fast enough to grab one.  Also, I am using Build 702.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael Johnson - AirSource Virtual Pilots Union
YouTube - SkzDaLimit Aviation Channel

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler

Could be your settings in FS.  Have you posted at the HiFiSim (ActiveSky) forum?  This is the unofficial forum, I don't think they check here very often.

\Robert Hamlich/

I used to get that when I had to use a temporary Radeon card.

There is a beta you can download from the downloads page but I don't think that will help.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/downloads

What are your system specs?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

This has nothing to do with active sky. More of a system overload in my opinion, possibly a graphics card issue. Check your temps and ram.

This has nothing to do with active sky. More of a system overload in my opinion, possibly a graphics card issue. Check your temps and ram.

No system overload.  Brand new graphics card and my temps and RAM are just fine.  For grins and giggles, I did put back in the original graphics card to eliminte that as the cause.  Still had the same problem.  This is a brand new computer, clean install of the OS and FS9.  I also tested with an older version of Active Sky I had.  No issue with the older version, no issue using the FS9 weather engine.  I will reinstall Active Sky Evolution and see what happens.

Could be your settings in FS.  Have you posted at the HiFiSim (ActiveSky) forum?  This is the unofficial forum, I don't think they check here very often.

Going to post there as well and see what they say.

I used to get that when I had to use a temporary Radeon card.

There is a beta you can download from the downloads page but I don't think that will help.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/downloads

What are your system specs?

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Type    x64-based PC

Processor    Intel® Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. P2.20, 5/16/2012

SMBIOS Version    2.7

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory    7.48 GB

Adapter Description    AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Adapter RAM    (2,147,483,648) bytes

Driver Version    12.104.0.0

Resolution    1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Michael Johnson - AirSource Virtual Pilots Union
YouTube - SkzDaLimit Aviation Channel

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler