Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The aircraft that changed my perspective of X-Plane10...

I would say Peter's A380 is a great experience, as well as AS350 B3, but I have to say this:

The Mu-2J v 1.5 ( I never had bought it, although a friend who I brought into the X-plane world by version 9 did, and said a LOT of good things about it... )!

I confess I didn't even bother opening the ACF file. I only tend to do it when there is something I do not feel ok, or some tuning I would like to do, but heck! this airplane doesn't need ANY editing!

It behaves beautifully, as I guess a MU-2 would in RL and somehow confirm through the many texts I have read. It's a challenging aircraft!!! and an AMAZING model!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I agree, Its an amazing plane and it looks just as good as it flies!

I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Rob

Welcome to the Moo Club jcomm B) ...
Tom Kyler's creation is spectacular, no doubt about it. Tom's also responsible for the C90B Kingair in case you didn't know. It's been getting some tenderness in recent updates as well, but my dream is that one day both these TKyler classics reach a staggering level of maturity (as I said, the MU-2 is already spectacular!).

I'll look forward to you sharing your experiences flying the Moo.

The Mu-2 was the first third party add-on I bought for X-Plane back in XP9, and it was never bettered by anything I subsequently purchased. Any questions I have had for Tom regarding the aircraft I have posted over at X-Pilot http://forums.x-pilot.com/forum/40-mitsubishi-mu-2-support/ and he has always been so helpful and quick to get back to users. In fact the customer service and support from X-Aviation and their stable of developers is really something they should be proud of.

This new version of the Mu-2, is such a big improvement on the already excellent original, it is hard to believe. The great thing is people have given feedback to Tom regarding small issues/requests and he is already intending to release a small patch, hopefully this weekend to address these things. Brilliant customer service.

I am glad you have finally tried it jcomm, and hope you enjoy. I find it staggering actually the number of users who ask advice regarding add-ons to get and the Mu-2 is hardly ever recommended. I think this new version for XP10 64bit will change all that.

I find it staggering actually the number of users who ask advice regarding add-ons to get and the Mu-2 is hardly ever recommended.

Hi Simon,

You're right, the Moo was not often the subject of conversation at Avsim. Now that Tom has updated the model, this will probably change. It would be nice if Tom opened up a support forum here at Avsim, as many of his new customers will come from here. This could very well be my next purchase.

cheers

Thanks for all the compliments, guys, especially to Simon for the comment on our customer service.

It would be nice if Tom opened up a support forum here at Avsim, as many of his new customers will come from here.

We try really hard to streamline our response time to issues and integrate systems across X-Pilot and X-Aviation. It's better not to spread ourselves too wide and start putting support responses across multiple places so our customers don't encounter frustration trying to find answers that may already exist. X-Pilot is just as easy to sign up on as is Avsim.  :smile:  

This could very well be my next purchase.

We look forward to serving you if such is the case!   :biggrin:

Founder of X-Aviation

I have to add that X-aviation's customer service is amazing!

I had an issue with activating the MU2 and they resolved it faster than I could respond back to them.  They even sent me an apology email after it was fixed. Not that I wanted one, but it was amazing that a company took the time to do that.  I'm not use to dealing with such great service. Sure wish my insurance company was so responsive!

On top of that, the plane is amazing, So i'm a happy X-plane user.

Rob