Sign in to follow this  
SVA1181

Need your opinion on E-Jets v2 Embraer 175/195 before buying

Hello,

I am thinking of buying the Embraer 175/195 of wilco (my airline operates this aircraft), so your opinion is well appreciated, how does it fly? system Completeness? design? etc...

in addition, I saw two versions the E-Jets v2 Embraer 175/195 and E-Jets Series, what is the difference between the two packages?

Thanks in advance,  

I have both of these packages, I purchased a few years ago when I was with VOZ Virtual, The graphics is a bit dated now and it does require a little time to learn the cockpit as it is different, but I did enjoy flying these aircraft and they were good on frames as well, for me anyway. As long as you dont expect a PMDG quality aircraft and systems depth you will be ok, Take time to learn the autopilot as it is a little different but once you get to know it its good. The E-Jet series is the E170/E190 variants. For a wilco/Feelthere product it is one of their better ones, especially of late.

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Peter's perfectly right in his post. Just to add:

- Systems are rather deep, actually, the FMC in particular. The included QRH is impressing, too (not quite PMDG, though).

- 175/195 already include the Call! checklists and Map!; I think it's the better deal of the both.

- They are a bit aged products and often on sale on different sites all over the world, so be patient and look out for some considerable discount from their nominal prices.

- There are no better EMBs around than Feelthere's: They love these birds and so do I.

Thank you Peter and Oliver for your recommendations and information. Just a final question, what about its FBW capabilities, does it fly as it should? 

I confirm that the Feelthere E-jets are a good simulation of this aircraft.

The Embraer E-jets have FBW on all control surfaces except the ailerons.

But it is only  a 'rudimentary' so-called 'open-loop' fbw not comparable to the 'closed-loop' Fbw with feedback of  the Airbus.

Only protection is an high AOA stall protection.

That is implemented on the Feelthere E-jet.

Direct and Normal modes exist also on the FT E-jet but are not really simulated.

We had recently a discussion about that on the FT forum:

http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=8467

Guy

Same for me, I like to fly like most airlines and use the A/P but when taking off and landing manually I had no problems and it flew quite nice, It is a nice aircraft to fly and I personally find it nice to fly something different and modern on VATSIM, whilst most fellow pilots fly the PMDG NGX/MD-11 at the moment and the Airbus X.

It is also good for the controller to see different aircraft as well I think.

Once you get the hang of flying it, its good to mix in with the other aircraft on VATSIM and enjoy the whole experience.

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Thank you guys for your recommendations and inputs, it looks very good for me, I will go for it this evening, it is good to learn something new while waiting for the "real things".

Awful representation of the screen wipers on the VC. Other than that pretty mediocre graphics, flight model OK and stable.

Awful representation of the screen wipers on the VC. Other than that pretty mediocre graphics, flight model OK and stable.

Thank you Joaquin, but it rarely rains in KSA, and it is summer now in the Middle East so I may not need it :lol:. Hopefully I will be flying the PMDG 777 and the FSL320 during fall/winter  :rolleyes: .

The VC of the FT E-jet can evidently not compete with the newest realizations.

Surpised that nobody has come up with the usual critic of the VC night-lighting which is only on/off (no dimming etc).

I personnally generally use the 2d panel which is very NICE , clear and sharp.

I also find the exterior model BEAUTIFUL.

The very strong point is the GOOD simulation of the Honeywell PRIMUS Flight Guidance,

Even if it uses the same elements Vnav/Lnav/Flch etc, the implementation is quite different from what we know from the Boeings , so there is some serious STUDY and learning needed !  :smile:

It has also some bugs, but nothing hindering the enjoyment and you can find workarounds for those on the forum.

Imho very INTERESTING and FUN airplane !  :smile:

Guy

Hi Guy,

Bought it since 3 hours and still exploring. very easy to turn it on, The FMS looks complete (still facing some problems in activating vnav), the flight dynamics feels right, and the external model is an eye candy. I hope they can issue a new version with a virtual cockpit facelift since it looks flat with low res. Indeed very interesting and fun aircraft, glad to have it in my hangar.

Anybody who makes great cabins like wilco always see my wallet.

Ejets got great cabin and VC too is not bad.

NIce product.

Its not like captainsim that struglles to even match flight dynamics of default a/c, wilco planes fly straight and level, and look good too, without a 100000 page manual to read.

purchased captain sim 777 cause of cabin, and after patches still waiting for the cabin.

Everybody please keep wilco pub around by purchasing thier products, they are not perfect, but they definatly not half baked captain move on to next product and simulate finishing the current product.

DOWN WITH CAPTAIN SIM , Up WilCO PUB.