Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

9.1 and london buildings

Guest nitram

I am very pleased with the patch as my sim is now as smooth as silk. Even the touch-down/chimney smoke fades away in a nice controlled way that is hard to describe. I am also pleased that lots of London's buildings and bridges have shown up in the sim. The only problem is that St Pauls's, The houses of parlement and Battersea powerstation (to name but a few) have disappeared! Any ideas?Nitram

Guest Bob_Jones

Hey Nitram,I have all the buildings you mention in london, but I've noticed quite a few towns/cities in the UK have less buildings after the patch, and I'm running autogen at max.Regards,Bob Jones

Guest nitram

Bob if you have these buildings, what the hell happened to mine?! It cannot be a system resource issue as I am running 3000 64 bit amd chip, 1gb of ram, x800 Pro video card and a decent motherboard. I do not have any stutters, even running with UK vfr scenery, active sky and ultimate traffic. Maybe they might appear again!Rigards Nitram

>Bob if you have these buildings, what the hell happened to>mine?!> It cannot be a system resource issue as I am running 3000 64>bit amd chip, 1gb of ram, x800 Pro video card and a decent>motherboard. I do not have any stutters, even running with UK>vfr scenery, active sky and ultimate traffic.> Maybe they might appear again!>>Rigards NitramShow off! ;)Now that you mention it, the areas I fly seem to have less autogen buildings as well. I don't care though, since it's not that much different. My problem is my system is maxed at 2002-like settings. I can't turn everything on until I upgrade.I wonder if others noticed less autogen buildings? You only get this in London area?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Nitram, could those buildings be autogen or scenery complexity/detail setting? I dont know where and what they would look like but I flew into Heathrow after the patch and it was very nice.I landed rwy 27L I think. Where in relation to that would the buildings be?Bill

Guest yarvelling

Nitram, you mention that you use the UK VFR scenery...is that the Just Flight scenery? If so, you may remember that it disables the FS default autogen. There is a small add-on at Just Flights' site which will return a lot of the 'important' London landmarks, but elsewhere, you'll have none of the little houses, blocks of flats, trees, etc....which'll also explain to a degree why your sim runs so smoothly over the UK - no autogen to worry about placing and rendering!

London along the Thames.Dick Boley @KLBE"RE: 9.1 and london buildings Nitram, could those buildings be autogen or scenery complexity/detail setting? I dont know where and what they would look like but I flew into Heathrow after the patch and it was very nice. I landed rwy 27L I think. Where in relation to that would the buildings be?"

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest nitram

>Nitram, you mention that you use the UK VFR scenery...is that>the Just Flight scenery? If so, you may remember that it>disables the FS default autogen. There is a small add-on at>Just Flights' site which will return a lot of the 'important'>London landmarks, but elsewhere, you'll have none of the>little houses, blocks of flats, trees, etc....which'll also>explain to a degree why your sim runs so smoothly over the UK>- no autogen to worry about placing and rendering!I do have the autogen set to extremely dense, so that is not the problem. I have also looked for the add-on at justflight, but it is not listed in the support section. Can you point me too it? I should add that these buildings were there before the microsoft patch.Regards Nitram

Under your botty on final. The snaky bit is the River Thames and the lumps of concrete are London. The Thames will be just to your right on initial approach, but if you're still seeing them on short final you're much too low and too short!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest yarvelling

www.justflight.comJust follow links for VFR scenery..it may even link you to the VFR developers website(www.visualflight.co.uk)...it's been a while since I've been there. But, if this is the VFR scenery you use, regaardless as to how dense or complex you set autogen to be, in FS9, you won't get any anywhere in the UK where you have the scenery installed.

Guest nitram

>www.justflight.com>>Just follow links for VFR scenery..it may even link you to the>VFR developers website(www.visualflight.co.uk)...it's been a>while since I've been there. But, if this is the VFR scenery>you use, regaardless as to how dense or complex you set>autogen to be, in FS9, you won't get any anywhere in the UK>where you have the scenery installed.Visualflight re-direct you to justflight. Justflight do not have a fix for the missing scenery in their support section:-(

Guest allcott

Battersea Power Station is not part of the sutogen, it's part of the scenery. You say that you've turned up autogen, but maybe it's the tag above the autogen you need to adjust.BPS is certainly present in mine.Allcott