Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Autogen drawing

I am wondering why, when flying over ORBX scenery, the autogen keeps popping up almost right under my user a/c. Nothing seems to sit still for a second: a thin copse suddenly thickens into a dense forest as I approach, a sparsely populated village, a thriving town. I am used to this happening out in the middle distance, that's how FSX/FS9 work, but the effect is pretty awful when the whole scenery is continuously changing right next to one's aircraft.

No such thing occurs on the ORBX demo videos. So what's wrong? I have a good PC which maintains with ease my fixed frame rate of 30fps. Lots of free physical memory, FSX settings, fsx.cfg & nVidia Inspector tweaked according to current wisdom.

I'd be grateful if someone can help my ORBX experience look a little more like the beautifully stable videos they put out.

Thanks!

Martin

I vary it in spot view. Between .36 and .50 usually. 0.75 for cockpit and 0.65 for VC

The best way to alleviate this kind of behavior that we have found is to get your box running at 4.7ghz + with hyperthreading ON and running FSX in RealTime mode with FPS set to unlimited.

I know that these settings are counter to the suggested FPS lock of 30 FPS and HT OFF but on an IB system with the above OC they work great.

Also we are able to run BP=0 and LOD=7.5 with the above configuration.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi Jim,

I have a SB 26K OC @ 4.8ghz with 32GB RAM, would the setting you mentioned above for the IB be the same for a SB?

Diego

An i7-950 @ 3.80 GHz?

Yes.  That CPU is 4 years old and it's 1GHz+ slower than modern CPUs when overclocked.  You do the math.  

Hi Jim,

I have a SB 26K OC @ 4.8ghz with 32GB RAM, would the setting you mentioned above for the IB be the same for a SB?

Diego

Yes - experiment with HT = ON but you may have to drop your OC which might be good in that you can then lower your voltages.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png