Sign in to follow this  
Joachim

Application hangs: Loading air, sea and land traffic

Dear simmers,

From time to time I run into an issue at random times, but not everytime I use FS, so it not that annoying but does happen more than I wish and therefore I would like to fix this issue.

Some help and suggestions would be great!

Flight Simulator hangs at the loading air, sea and land traffic window... I can hear the noise in the background but I can't get the sim to continue; it hangs.

Usually this happens when it has to reload because of a time sync. 

Any ideas what may cause this?

Thank you very much,

Joe

Joachim (Joe)

I have started having similar app hang over the last few weeks and all event errors say its FSX.exe.

Have googled the net and have spent more time "tweaking" than flying - it just does the hang thing randomly.

Put settings down, latest graphics driver, etc. Rebuilt FSX config many times, run it with and without tweaks and then "wasted" more time testing because most times I never finish a flight.

Has anyone in the swimming world managed to cure this ???

Denis B

Have you tried setting all traffic to zero at program startup - default zero - then changing sliders once the game has loaded?

Hans Soule

Try this. If you have FSUIPC, go to the "Miscellaneous" tab and be sure the check box for "Keep FS Clock Sync" is unchecked. I ran into this some time ago where after loading FSX, the screen would go black and a loading window would appear saying "Loading Air, Sea and Land Traffic". Some simmer responded with what I've mentioned above. Unchecked the box and it hasn't appeared since. Worth a try.

Thanks for the replies, we'll I also think it has something to do with that setting but I do like using that feature because the time always lags. Alternatively I turn that option off and use the FS Real Time tool. With both options the issue has happened.

Joachim (Joe)

I have this same problem where fsx locks up saying its loading air, land and sea traffic. Not sure how to get around it. Keep FS Clock sync is unchecked in FSUiPC.

You can see when I started this thread, it's been a long time but I have not been able to solve this issue permanently. I still get this from time to time. I use auto save (from FSUIPC), so it's not a big issue but this issue is still somewhat annoying. I have no information to share and have not yet found a solution. I could not find much information on this exact issue by research either.

Joachim (Joe)

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

No problem, I've updated my signature and moved my specs to my profile.

Greetings,

Joe

Joachim (Joe)