Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

Problem with taxiway/runway textures

I have noticed a strange issue at some of my add on airports, whereby there seem to be a blend of "default" taxiway/runway textures and add-on.

What I mean is, the taxiway will be say, a very light shade of grey from the add on textures, and then will all of a sudden stop and go into really dark grey with no gentle boundary between the two, just BAM - dark to light etc.

I don't know if this is some kind of texture conflict, or whether at the airports in question, it's trying to simulate some parts of the taxiway/runway being freshly laid?

The trouble is I can't remember which airports give me the issue off the top of my head, but I know I've seen it at quite a few!

I have various add on airports, FSGlobal mesh, UTX Europe and REX Essentials (I know there are some runway/taxiway textures in REX - could this be the cause?)

Sorry it's very vague, next time I notice it during a flight I will post a screenshot!

Thanks

I am having similar problems, particularly  with FSDream Team airports. It's as if the taxiways and runways are covered with six inches of grey mud. In fact when the GSX marshaller is walking his feet are not visible. Have tried moving the add on airports up and down in the scenery library with no positive result.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I am having similar problems, particularly with FSDream Team airports. It's as if the taxiways and runways are covered with six inches of grey mud. In fact when the GSX marshaller is walking his feet are not visible. Have tried moving the add on airports up and down in the scenery library with no positive result.

So your problem is with elevation? Mine is side by side, i.e if I go to top down view some of the taxiway will be light grey and some dark grey as if there are two different texture files being called...

Could be the texture set for each surface. I don't know how they apply their textures, but FSX by default will show very abrupt lines where texture types change (eg, asphalt to concrete). I've done a few modifications on my own with ADEx and this is quite common where the taxiways intersect aprons and runways, and often they take on weird geometries to fill them selves in with no regard to what I hoped it would look like. Maybe ask the maker of the addon if it is supposed to look like that.

Any chance you could put up a screen shot to show what you mean?

I have noticed a strange issue at some of my add on airports, whereby there seem to be a blend of "default" taxiway/runway textures and add-on.

What I mean is, the taxiway will be say, a very light shade of grey from the add on textures, and then will all of a sudden stop and go into really dark grey with no gentle boundary between the two, just BAM - dark to light etc.

I don't know if this is some kind of texture conflict, or whether at the airports in question, it's trying to simulate some parts of the taxiway/runway being freshly laid?

The trouble is I can't remember which airports give me the issue off the top of my head, but I know I've seen it at quite a few!

I have various add on airports, FSGlobal mesh, UTX Europe and REX Essentials (I know there are some runway/taxiway textures in REX - could this be the cause?)

Sorry it's very vague, next time I notice it during a flight I will post a screenshot!

Thanks

My reply is a bit late so maybe you have solved the issue in the meantime. I stumbled across this thread, when I was looking for a solution of an issue, which I'm pretty sure is the my very same as yours.

At least I found out that the issue is related to the visibility setting. Set the visibility in the weather dialogue to unlimited and and the issue will be gone. The lower the visibility setting is, the closer the border of the 2 different shades of grey will be to you.

I'm having this issue with some Orbx airports and I'm currently waiting if the devs there will find a solution.

Cheers, Wolfgang