Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike707

FS 2006 Package Graphics

Guest Mike707

Just something fun to think about. What plane(s) and graphics do you guys think will be on the upcoming FS 2006 product on the packaging. FS 95 and 98, I believe, had a Lear Jet, FS 2000 had the concorde, FS 2002 had the Amphibian for the Standard version and the 747 for the Pro version, and FS 2004, as we know, has the DC-3 and the Wright flyer.I am thinking they might have a GA aircraft on it flying at a low altitude. That is my thought because of the hope that I have that the graphics will be significantly better, especially at low levels. What are your thoughts.

Guest ssurjap

I guess it depends on whether they added any new aircrafts or not.

I really hope they will add a 60

Staffan

Guest Mike707

The 7e7 would be very intersting to have. I doubt, unfortunately, that they would have a plane that is not yet in production, but it would be very cool."I really hope they will add a 60

I'm guessing a GA or bush/floatplane.1. For one obvious reason which we need not talk about here, Microsoft has moved away from the "learn to fly a 747" concept in their marketing of the sim.2. Advancements in computer graphics and FS scenery means that VFR flying and flying at low altitudes is possible - new weather effects are also geared toward GA flying since airliners fly above it.3. With the FS "home base" now moved from Chicago to Seattle, a floatplane would be quite logical :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Kilstorm

Hopefully they will focus more or developing the enviroment and less on a/c. 3rd party developers can create more realistic a/c for the hardcore user. If MS just expands the options for 3rd parties then that would be well enough.I would love to see that the highlights for the next release would be all about huge to realistic improvements in ATC, something new in visuals that we havent seen or just starting to see, improved preformance with use of hyper-thread tech and sound enhancement with 5.1 surround. In short the fleet they offer is vast enough and if they upgraded their fleet they have now to have more realism in modeling, switches, and gauges that would be better than any new a/c.

I hope more it will be optimized around the 64-bit CPU:s and 64-bit operating systems. And that it will have a competitive graphics engine it was a long time since FS had that really. May have to sacrifice legacy support but so be it it

Guest Mike707

I hope you are correct with your assumptions that the graphics will be significantly improved. If that is the case, they should have a GA or Bush/Floatplane on the box. I was really dissapointed that the graphics were not improved more than they were from FS 2002 to FS 2004 other that incrementally better autogen and some new landclass files. I do think that the sky and clouds were quite different for the better.