Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerooum

NATO AWACS

Even though I spent 2 years in USAFE I dont know wher they keep the NATO E3 AWACS. Can anyone tell me. I would like to fly the Captain Sim E3 from it's proper home.Thank you

They fly out of Geilenkirchen AB near Spanglehelm (spelling is wrong I think), Germany. I am at Tinker AFB, in Oklahoma, but I would love a NATO assignment.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Captain Barfbag

A quick google came up with this site, which will give you lots of options for your E3.http://www.e3a.nato.int/default.htmNext, of course, you're going to want to add some Military AI. Those bases look pretty lonely with just default traffic.

Thanks alot for your replies. I had done a search on A net and that seems where most of the photos had been taken but I wasnt sure if that was the home base of the E3's.Thanks again

Guest yarvelling

I'm not sure if they're NATO or USAF, but E3's fly from RAF Mildenhall, UK quite a lot too. An incredible sight, and sound, seeing them coming and going! I'm a civilian working at RAF Lakenheath, just a few miles from Mildenhall, and see them quite frequently circling low overhead, or descending to land.

Guest deKoven

>I'm not sure if they're NATO or USAF, but E3's fly from RAF>Mildenhall, UK quite a lot too. An incredible sight, and>sound, seeing them coming and going! I'm a civilian working>at RAF Lakenheath, just a few miles from Mildenhall, and see>them quite frequently circling low overhead, or descending to>land.There were 4 customers for the E-3 aircraft. The US Airforce was first, Britain was second, then France. NATO was the last customer for them. Japan was the launch customer for the 767 version of the AWACS plane. (Now I think on it, France COULD have been first but I think I have them in the right order.) [Note from a retired Boeing worker, was in the AWACS program for 7+ years.]

Guest jerooum

To add to Jeff's info above.Geilenkirchen is actually on the Dutch border close to the town of Heerlen. It is the MOB for the E-3A Component of the NATO AEW Force. This component operates the E-3A aircraft using multi-national aircrews. The UK operates the E-3D from RAF Waddington as the UK Component of the Force. Both Components can also operate from 4 FOB located in other NATO Nations and the whole Force works very closely with the US E-3 force [and other E-3 Forces].John [ex NAEW Force]

Us, French, NATO, and Saudi.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD