Sign in to follow this  
realkewl

If you haven't seen this, check this out...very promising for us simmers

I have a friend who is an artist for video games and he has posted a few videos with these glasses. It would be great to have something like this. They say it is equivalent to a 90" screen.

This does look awesome........The problem that I see with a system like this for flight sims is that you are completely detached from movement of your hands, what I mean is that when you are in control of a flight simulator there are many tasks and functions that you need to perform with your hands and feet.......throttle, propeller, trim, flaps, gear, etc. etc. With this in mind I feel that Trackir is a better choice for flight simming, however something like car racing, or even first person shooters this looks like it would be amazing!!

This does look awesome........The problem that I see with a system like this for flight sims is that you are completely detached from movement of your hands, what I mean is that when you are in control of a flight simulator there are many tasks and functions that you need to perform with your hands and feet.......throttle, propeller, trim, flaps, gear, etc. etc. With this in mind I feel that Trackir is a better choice for flight simming, however something like car racing, or even first person shooters this looks like it would be amazing!!

What should be invented is a pair of gloves you wear that are plugged into your computer. With the gloves plugged into the computer (if its possible to develop such a feature) you are able to experience such environments that you are seeing by the sense of touch, the gloves are able to output what the "in-game" character is touching so the player can experience it like he is the actual in-game character.

They also have a glove with little vibratormotors on the fingers.

Another enhancement of the VR goggles ould be to add a small camera to them.

That way you can not only see what goes on in the computer but also see "through" the goggles to look at your physical cockpit and controls.