Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

We have lift-off! SimHeaven OSM+AUTOGEN is ORBX GLOBAL!

Just had to come back here and state that as far as I am concerned, SimHeaven's continent OSM+AUTOGEN scenery files, are not only a ***MUST HAVE*** for any XPX.21 installation, (see instructions in the North America zip file for proper order placement of your scenery files...) but will transform XPX.21 into what FSX will look like with the soon-to-be-released ORBX Global!

That is a fact!

I am getting with rez set to VERY HIGH, a constant and stable 30 FPS and with flying around the Bay of Fundy (took off from Moncton International), I can't believe how those two OSM+AUTOGEN files have TOTALLY transformed the view-scape of XPX.  This is another sim, upon my hard drive. WOW! WOW! WOW!

A must have installation!

http://simheaven.com/?page_id=531

It keeps getting better, and better, with every download....XPX ROCKS!

Mitch

Wouldn't mind seeing a few noteworthy screenies. Unless I'm blind, their website appears to be pretty lean on that.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Indeed, would appreciate a few screenies also. "Bay of Fundy" for example

Pierre

Yeppers, that's about it...I am now running XPX.21 at full EXTREME rez, as per my other posts about post-install happenings.  The forested area around the Bay of Fundy is dead on!  I have also been whipping about my other favorite haunts, and I have to tell ya...with the OSM-AUTOGEN OpenScenery objects, it looks good to this guy!  a VERY HAPPY XPX CAMPER. I must say though, that your picture examples show a general Europe home and urban layout. In flying over my new SimHeaven North America, it is what you would see for rural, and urban within the U.S. and Canada.  Very easy on the eyes for suspension of disbelief. :)

And now you don't even have - its not released - the newest "trick" from Simheaven. The smart autogen exclusion (which is a new but still not perfectly working development in osm2xp - so it might take some time) ... this will mae a smarter mixture of OSM with autogen. Simply put it will exclude autogen only where there are "enough" OSM buildings, but leave it in, where there is no OSM data.

And now you don't even have - its not released - the newest "trick" from Simheaven. The smart autogen exclusion (which is a new but still not perfectly working development in osm2xp - so it might take some time) ... this will mae a smarter mixture of OSM with autogen. Simply put it will exclude autogen only where there are "enough" OSM buildings, but leave it in, where there is no OSM data.

Alpilotx, can my heart handle this?  Dunno....let me get up from the 'flight deck, or desk', ...and reach for my nitro glycerin pills....LOL!

Can't wait....

Mitch

Excuse me, but, what is ORBX?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is good news!  I stay away from the OSM addon scenery, because they put generic buildings right on top of the custom scenery that comes with payware airport scenery or good freeware stuff with custom buildings.

I guess you can go in and exclude these buildings, but that would be a big job if your doing a whole country.

I just tried the North america OSM from simheaven and every airport I checked had bizarre OSM buildings on the airport that sat on top of custom airport scenery, so I removed it and all is well again.

Rob

Excuse me, but, what is ORBX?

You're right. You are simply....right.  I just came back here, to say that I have just experienced the most satisfying simulated flight, at 1,500 feet, following I-75 southbound at EXTREME rez, and SimHeaven's North America OSM+AUTOGEN, that I have ever had. No matter, Microsoft FS9/FSX, No matter, Pro Pilot, No matter, Flight Unlimited III, no matter any mentioned...has EVER given me chills down the spine, like today's flight just has. OMG!  Those two OSM files, have transported XPX to another world.....  It was like I was REALLY THERE. I travel that route to catch a flight out of KFNT, and with the forested graphics, the lakes, I-75 itself...and with a much better rendering of traffic (since install..dunno why...but a greater realism with no change to my road and traffic settings) I am now totally dedicated to this platform. Laminar Research, and all you FABULOUS 3rd party developers (scenery and aircraft)  and FREEWARE authors (thank you SO MUCH for your extreme generosity and time to create!!!!...THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!)  have created a moment for me today...that makes all the effort, money spent, time spent, and pursuit of this hobby...so dam* well worth it,...every second and dollar!   I could not believe what those two OSM-AUTOGEN files have done to open up this sim's level of immersion......and still shaking my head, as I go back to a fly-over of Detroit and out towards Ohio following the shore of Lake Erie.....my gawd...this is fabulous today.....

Mitch

What about their OSM without Autogen sceneries, designated as  - OSM continent sceneries (osm only) - on their page?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This is good news!  I stay away from the OSM addon scenery, because they put generic buildings right on top of the custom scenery that comes with payware airport scenery or good freeware stuff with custom buildings.

I guess you can go in and exclude these buildings, but that would be a big job if your doing a whole country.

I just tried the North america OSM from simheaven and every airport I checked had bizarre OSM buildings on the airport that sat on top of custom airport scenery, so I removed it and all is well again.

Rob

Rob, I have not had that issue at all. There are no OSM-AUTOGEN Opensceney objects on any of my custom airports. You have to follow the installation and resort instruction EXACTLY.  Did you do that?  You need to load in the OSM files, and then fire up XPX. Let it land you on a tarmac, and then shut it down. Go to your Custom Scenery ini file and open it up.  Then...resort your entire listing as per SimHeaven's line-up. You will not have any further conflict issue.  This correct resorting and keeping it that way with any further add-in is critical.

What about their OSM without Autogen sceneries, designated as  - OSM continent sceneries (osm only) - on their page?

Depends on the country and city. In the city where I was born there is really every single house in OSM, but if I Look at the city where I live and work there would be a lot of deserts without autogen. That's ohne of the reasons  why the new OSM Maps should offer a huge improvement.

Rob

no problems with my setup, all awesome flying with no issues! :Party:  :Love:  :yahoo:  my scenery.ini file below.

SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/USA_FL_KVPS_Eglin AFB-Northwest Florida Rgnl v 3.2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ABSim_KCGX V10/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDH Hamburg/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDK Cologne/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDL Airport Dusseldorf/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDM Munich/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDS Stuttgart/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDT Berlin Tegel/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDV Hannover/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EIDW Dublin/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEBL Barcelona/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - PALH Lake Hood/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - PANC Airport Anchorage/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - Z41 Lake Hood Strip/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Anchorage Recut/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TropicalSim - SBGR Sao Paulo Guarulhos/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TropicalSim - SBGR Sao Paulo Guarulhos Terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KORS - Orcas Island Airport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/@TropicalSim - TNCA Aruba/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TropicalSim - TNCA Aruba Terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LESA - SalamancaMatacan/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/_oahu_overlays/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Oahu/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ABSim-LJPZ-V10/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CYTZ Toronto Island Airport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CYYZ Toronto Pearson Airport (ISDG Group)/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CYUL Montreal 850/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KEDC/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EDDC Dresden/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EFJY/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EFKA_Kauhava_Photo_Scenery1.2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EFME Menkijarvi/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/EFSI/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KILM_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KJFK - John F. Kennedy Int'l Airport, part 1 (E)/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KJFK - John F. Kennedy Int'l Airport, part 2 (W)/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAX - Los Angeles/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLGA - New York La Guardia/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KMIA Miami International/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KORD - O'Hare International Airport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/CustomSeattle/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/D seattlecbdosm4/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Boeing Country 10/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Seattle Photoreal Underlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LIBERTY ISLAND/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Madeira_1_LPMA/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Madeira_2_OBJ/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Madeira_3_TEX/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Midway - KMDW/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MPTO - Tocumen Intl - Panama V10/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Nevada/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/San_Francisco_Bay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/St_Louis/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TropicalSim - KDCA Washington Reagan/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TropicalSim - KDCA Washington Reagan Terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Truscenery - EFRN Rantasalmi/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Truscenery - EFTP Airport v1.1/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Truscenery - EFTP Mesh/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Truscenery - Finland OSM 1.2/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Truscenery - Helsinki-Ortho/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/USA_FL_KECP_Northwest Florida Beaches Intl Airport Panama City v 1.0/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/USA_HI_OAHU_PHNL_Honolulu Intl v2.1/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/USA_NJ_KEWR_Newark Liberty Airport v 1.0/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/USA_TX_KIAH_Houston George Bush Intctl Airport v1.4/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/wick v2 egpc/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/YPAD Adelaide Airport Photoreal (ISDG Group)/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/YSSY Sydney Airport Photo Scenery/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KDFW2013/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OSM_Europe_forest+only/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_North-America_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Africa_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Antarctica_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Asia_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Australia-Oceania_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Central-America_osm+autogen/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_South-America_osm+autogen/