Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

Most Beautiful Aircraft

Guest xtremdav45

Military: B-52, key symbol of US Cold War might, After 50 years, still going strong.Followed by: B-2, mostly because my grandpa worked on develping the paint for it.Honorable Mention: KC-10, Giant gas station in the sky. Nice looking plane.Civil: DC-10, Shame these beautiful aircraft arent in service as much as they used to, there should be more tri-engined planes.Followed by: 747-200, If it is good enough for the President of the United States, it must be a good aircraft.Honorable Mention: 707, Revolutionized air travel, plus it has been Air Force One before. Most Ugliest Military: A-10, That is one ugly hogFollowed by: Every non tanker KC-135 variant, they just are ugly the only accessory that belongs on that airframe is a refueling boom.

Old: Connie, hands down!New: Beechcraft Duke ..... sex on wings!Don

Guest bisinchi

Hi,I like Concorde very much, very sleek, a superb shape!!Otherwise, I like the 330/340 series and the 767!!Cheers,Francois

Guest MeltedPixel

Old Commercial: DC3 :(New Commercial: B737NG, wub'erOld Millitary: P51New Millitary: F16Old GA: C172, older versionNew GA: I'm stuck between the SR20/SR22 and the Beechcraft Bonanza A36.... Thats a tie there.

Guest WAW

Turboprop : ATR 72-500Jets : A340 and 767 with the A320/30 series in a close secondMy favorite flight deck has got to be the 737NG... just too colorful to say no :)

Guest Rockcliffe

I'd say 727, if it weren't for the Concorde. It really was in a class of its own.Ugliest: Shorts 360/330, no contest.

Guest LLgaz

757.....long sleek, slender body, with big oversized engines..........just like a super model...The 757 is the Super Model of the skies.

I like Tupolevs.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest cw1011

I think the A340, with its long tapered wings is especially graceful. I don't think of the B777 as "beautiful" per say. It looks more like a brute at the gate, with those monster engines and agressive profile. Very impressive and a bit intimidating more than beautiful. I love the Connie and also think the Tupelov airliners are very sleek and sexy.

Lockheed L-749 radar nose constellation. For sure followed by the P-51 mustang.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest DLM

Seems like the Concorde is the winner here, and i can only agree!Other of my favourites are the F-5, the F-104 and the Naboo fighter ;)// Daniel

Guest garf25

I have to say the B757.Standing in front of it as one pushes pack - lovely picture.

MD-11737NG - The panel/cockpit is the best modern one out there hands down!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I've always like the appearance of the Piper Cub. Probably because (to me) it symbolizes "flying for fun" like no other plane does - and it is a cute little airplane :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP