Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

Most Beautiful Aircraft

Guest Douglas K

There are so many beautiful aircraft; the complete list would be very long indeed. Spitfire, Concorde - there are just too many to name and beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder.I agree with JimmiG that the Cub is beautiful, and it does symbolize fun to me. Recipe for fun: J-3 Cub + Sony Walkman + Cool crisp autumn day in New England during the fall foliage season. That equals fun, and lasting memories.Douglas

Guest kealadaniel

The Cessna Citation XLS.A most wonderful aircraft.

Guest Captain JT Kirk

Hmmm, what the hell, I'll throw in my choices here. Besides, got to keep account alive. LOLHistoric military; P51 MustangHistoric airliner; ConstellationModern military ; Tie between F14 and F16Modern military other; B52Past airliner ; Tie between 727 and DC10Current airliner ; Tie between 777 and 747Business jet ; Citation XProp ; CessnaMy 2 cents worth. :D

Beaver, Twin Otter, and Dash-8. I also like Cessna 190s, and 170s. I'm an Alaskan at heart (I was bron and raised there for the first 14 years of my life), and I love the bush aircraft. Like the late Don Sheldon, I also dislike helicopters. I also have a bit of an affinity for the old Convair propliners.----------------------------------------------------------------John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private 130+ hrs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Binkles

The BAe/Avros has to be the prettiest little planes that grace the sky.Larger - the 747 - the prettiest lady in the sky.Sentimental - The Fokker Friendship :)

Guest deKoven

Well sir, beauty is in the eye... and all that!If you were on the ground in the last couple or three conflicts you might think that that A-10 was the most beautiful thing in the air. Certainly it's so ugly that it belongs in this class. My own list is just too long to set down here. As the last comm'l air flight was on a NEW 707 (1960) I'm not much of a judge of the comm'l efforts. For the mil; can't beat the A-10, the C5A, F/A 18 ... the list goes on.GA planes; The beav, hands down. Beech Staggerwing, Aero Commander (any version), Maule, Cessna (some of them, anyway), need I go on?.:D

For me the singular most beautiful aircraft of all time is the DH90 Dragonfly. Designed before the age of computers it embodies the heart and soul of an aircraft engineer, displaying all the grace and elegance, not the ruthless efficiency of a CAD program.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but aesthetically, imho, no other aircraft comes even close to the DH90 Dragonfly and definitely has there ever been a more aptly named aircraft?.Roger

Guest Lt_Hawk

Airliner: A330-300Military: SR-71 Blackbird (Oh yeah)

XB-70 (sort of the Concorde 10 years before the Concorde):) A-10 BAD...B36 WORSE But NASTY.:( "Takeoffs are optional but landings are MANDATORY"DN

Historic military; P51 MustangHistoric airliner; B-727 (Yeah, I consider it historic!)Modern military ; B-1B. Period. Nothing comes close. Current airliner ; Airbus A330. Graceful and uncluttered 2-engine wings.Business ; Piaggio Avanti...gotta get in the air for a little FS Economy run or two...-Greg

I am not knowledgeable about GA aircraft or small/business jets so I can only speak for airliners: the 747-400 OR ANY 747 JUMBO! I love that adorable (in fact, lovable, for lack of a better word) BULGE on her belly in the front - this plane has real character! ==> :-halo John

Good grief, sometimes I hate the American-ness of this site!! :)The most beautiful aircraft in the world is of course the Supermarine Spitfire. The Mk I or possibly a Mk IX. I'm surprised it hasn't had more votes.Runner up: de Havilland MosquitoIan