Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

Most Beautiful Aircraft

Guest adria320

Airliner: A319/320/321Helicopter: MH-60K PaweHawkGA: Piper Seneca V

Old: L-1011 in Eastern or Delta colorsNew: A330 (go to Airliners.net and search for a rear or front view of the A330...simply graceful!)

Eric 

A330/A340 series.I also like the 777. Boeing got something right. ;)

I figure I would through my 2 cents in, for airliners the 757 and L-1011. Commuter aircraft ATR-72.Cheers,Mike

Any of the heavies. We don't see them very often here.JimCYWG

Guest daveg4otu

Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune in the old midnite blue color scheme

Guest Jspilot

Concorde!!!!!Captain Jonny, flying Concorde

Guest flyhi

WWI: Albatros DVa, Fokker Dr.I TriplaneWWII: FW-190, Ta-152Cold War: F-104, F-4Airliners: Always beloved becouse of Nice memories: DC3, B707, B727nikolas vegas/athens/greece

Concorde and the Avro Vulcan. Unfortunately, we will only ever get to see one of these aircraft in flight. It's a wonder those idiots at Airbus can make any sensible decisions at all :-fumeChris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest yarvelling

Have to agree on the L-1011, and 707.....especially in old Cathay Pacific colours :)The 727 in Lufthansa mid '70s colours holds a special place in the heart as it was the first plane that I ever flew on.....an excited kid going to Frankfurt for a two week schools-exchange programme; I loved every second of that flight...take-off was breath-taking; just suddenly feeling and seeing the ground fall away so fast and then seeing London unfolding below me! Aahh! Marvelous memories :) Much as I enjoyed my stay with a truly wonderful and generous family, in a fabulous house (the father was a professer at Frankfurt University, and loaded!!), I couldn't wait for the plane ride home!!That trip cemented my love for aircraft...I'd watched them enviously so many times before...most notably thte Cathay birds from my time in Hong Kong several years before, from the terminal roof-top and viewing area at Kai Tak. (The family and I had travelled by ship both to and from Hong Kong as it was cheaper than flying!! Even though it took six weeks! Six weeks of luxury in a floating 4-star hotel...hmmm!!)Sorry...I digress!!I also agree whole-heartedly with the suggestion of Spitfire; a wonderfuly elegant warplane, and one musn't rule out the BF 109...it too had a sort of waspish beauty...kind of vicious looking, but still elegant in a way!On the 707 idea, I love seeing the KC-135's and E3 AWACS variants that regularly pass over my house and locale, going to and from RAF Mildenhall....there's still an immense grace about this huge, lumbering grey, fuel-tank flying overhead!!

The Lockheed Constellation, with the Boeing 727 a close second.Lewis "Moose" GregoryColumbia, South CarolinaDVA 1427/Solent 644

For me it has to be that old classic the Vickers VC10...........but then again I am a child of the 60s:-)

Guest dfreed

1. L-1011 in Delta widget colors2. Almost any B7523. Almost any CRJ2

Guest jdu

Almost any aircraft before 1950.