Sign in to follow this  
Guest mike_cyul

Lago FSE upgrade

Guest flightplan

Hi,I've been away for awhile :-ufo2 and was surprised to see an update to LAGO's FSE program when I came back and got online.I've noticed that the forum reviews are somewhat mixed regarding the FSE update. I downloaded the update but have not installed it yet. I'm not sure whether I can just install over the older version I have (ver 1.03) or if I have to uninstall my present version then install the upgrade. Unless the upgrade has new scenery objects to work with, I don't think I'll install the upgrade. The version I have now works fine.Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.Tom :-)

Tom:I had a less than pleasurable experience with the latest FSE release, V110 I believe, this weekend. I had V1.0 installed and it was operating without a hitch. Wanting to take advantage of the additional library objects, I uninstalled V1.0 and installed the new release. All appeared to go well until I tried to start the Director. My screen flickered, and nothing happened. I clicked on the command again to "Start Director", and nothing happened. I then tried clicking on Ctrl/Insert thinking maybe that the window was hidden. CTD! Repeated this scenario several times. Same results. OK, could it possibly be a conflict with the new FS9 patch? I uninstalled/deleted FS9 folder/reinstalled FS9. Completely clean default install without the new patch applied. Same results. Clicked on the "Start Director" and a CTD. Reason given: "Unknown DLL." Hmmm? Reinstalled the patch. No improvement. Same CTD.Luckily, I had a back up of the V1.0 file & folders with my FSE data of airports that I had modified, so I decided to delete all the folders from the new version and replace them with folders from V1.0.Voila! It worked. Don't know why the new release would not work either with or without the patch on a clean install. At any rate, I managed a work around. Would be interested to know if any one else experienced this problem.Chris

Don't upgrade your old version, do a complete uninstall (backup your folder first) and reinstall. Then you need the 1.10 install file and the soundpack 3 from the Lago site. In addition to your key code, you will need your 8-digit object id as well. As for new objects, I have quite a few more that were not there before! No problems with the update for me. It runs stable, and now I have new objects as well. Also, all my older FSE files seem to still work fine as well.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Craig:Would the omission of the sound file, which I did not load, prevent the new version from working? I was also not asked for the Object ID number but the registration number from V1.0 automatically appeared in the registration box when queried.As mentioned, I did start from a clean FS9 install with no Lago programs of any kind installed. I then did install the new release without any V1.0 remnants present. I do not have the V1.0 exe file any longer so I am forced to use the new release. ThanksChris

Guest mike_cyul

My FSE did the same thing, until I did not only an uninstall using the add/delete software option in the computer's control panel, but went and manually deleted everything that was left. On my third attempt, when I did the complete uninstall, I also downloaded and installed the sound files. Now all is well, although I'm not certain if it was the manual uninstall or the inclusion of the sound files that did the trick.Mike F.

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks all for the feedback. Sounds like it will take some work to install the FSE upgrade :-eek - don't know if I'm up to it yet. I like the fact that it has new objects, though. Question: How are the sound files installed? Thanks.Tom :-)

>Would the omission of the sound file, which I did not load,>prevent the new version from working? Probably. Supposedly no sounds were included in the 1.10 full install, so they just put them in a separate file. >I was also not asked for>the Object ID number but the registration number from V1.0>automatically appeared in the registration box when queried.You won't get prompted for it until you go and try to create a brand new FSE file. You won't be prompted on install, and you won't be prompted if you edit existing FSE files.

Craig from KBUF

>Hi,>>Thanks all for the feedback. Sounds like it will take some>work to install the FSE upgrade :-eek - don't know if I'm up>to it yet. I like the fact that it has new objects, though.>Question: How are the sound files installed? Thanks.>>Tom :-) Just copy the soundfiles into:(your_fs2004_folder)lagocommonsounds The install is not too bad, just make sure you backup all your old FSE and sound files. I just made a copy of the entire Lago directory (if you have the disc space).

Craig from KBUF

In my opinion anyone who was able to download and then actually install the update for FSE were extremely fortunate. I tried for a week to download the update and could never get past 15MB. I finally had to find a download manager on the Internet and install that on my computer so I could download the entire update. However when I tried to run the update nothing happened. I downloaded it twice more and the same thing happened each time I tried to run it, nothing. So either my download keeps getting corrupted or I

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks, Craig, for the help.:-) Tom

Guest mike_cyul

John,You may already know this, but did you turn of any anti-virus or internet security software that you might have had running? In the past, I have had corrupt downloads from Lago, that downloaded correctly with that software turned off.Mike F.