Sign in to follow this  
Guest Whisperjet

Dreamwings Bombardier DHC 8 Q-400 Panel Question

Guest Mike707

Just downloaded the plane, but it seems that in the main panel view, a black box appears on the bottom portion. I am able to right click it an close it. Anyone else having this issue? Other than that it is a great plane.

Same here. Boy...do I love the Dash 8. A Great plane. So is this one. It's 99% there. Besides the BLACK Rectangle on the bottom of the panel, I'd like to see a few other things tweaked if possible. The ILS doesn't seem to register, and the Autothrottle is not working. I absolutely love the front left, right, left side, right side, left rear and right rear views.Is there a possibility of keeping those views, and inserting a fully functional Dash 8 panel and Dash 8 sounds?Wow...the plane's almost there. It just needs a few things. I'd love to see it from some talented designer out there.

Guest Whisperjet

Got the same issues with the panel and sound. Not too bothered with authenticity so I have slaved the panel to the PMDG B1900...works well except for the yaw damper button but hey...! Instead of the Q400 sounding like a cessna, I did a troll of the Avsim library and came up with dhc8_snd_fs9.zip by Dennis Egerton...pretty good!Also noticed that the gross weight of the plane is 64 lbs Doh! Simple change in the aircraft.cfg to remove the , in 64,500 (or some number like that...not at home just now) to make it 64500 gets the weight right. However, last thing last night, after making these changes, loaded the plane up to 2000lbs below max t/o weight, gave it "some welly" and found I could run down the runway faster with the result of a rotate at 80 knots would lift the nose and nothing else before I became a tree hugger. Need to have a look at this tonight!Before this I thought the looks and dynamics were great...maybe I will simply change it back to 64lbs heh heh!

Guest austinh

I really think the whole aircraft.cfg needs to be reworked. You may want to mess around with the max torque settings. Bump it up to a bit to like 6,000 (a little faster) or if you want 9,000 which was a suggestion on their forum but is way too much power for that bird. After that it won't take you 15,000 ft to get airborne.Best bet is to change your plane's weight back to 64lbs and wait for the guys at dreamwings to address some of the inconsistencies they are having with the bird.

Guest Whisperjet

Ta for that info. Will play around with the cfg short term knowing I can bump it back to 64lbs to make it work!?!?!Will go on their forum to see what is being said.