Sign in to follow this  
Shayan Molaei

low FPS in FSX on new gaming rig! Please help!

Man, it may be better to stick with 2*4GB RAM Dual-Channel.

Aim to at least 1600MHZ and CAS9 Latency.

maybe not the best suggestion i can make, but your rig specs seems so damn good i need to tell you this. Remember: FSX NEVER uses more than 4GB and Windows may not need 4GB at all.

Go buy them as a kit, not the two separately.

Hope to help (first post in this forum! :) )

Dual-Channel doubles the data rate between the memory controller and the RAM themselves. that's why 2*4GB is the best bet. It's no use having 16GB in a single stick

Hi and thanks for the reply! I never said that the whole 16GB is on a single stick. In fact I have two dual channel 8GB sticks @1600mhz with CL9 so I shouldn't have any problems with that one.

I also tried all the tweaks and everything. First of all my sim looks way more smoother and faster than before. However I can't say that my frames never go below 30. In fact they do quite a lot go to mid 20s. I experienced this with orbx PNW and Vancouver V3 installed at the same time over the downtown vancouver. I know that there should still be something really stupid wrong with this that I can't find but it's playable for now. Thank you for all your help. Cheers :)

Do you guys think it would make a difference if I re install my FSX on my SSD? (since it is on my HDD at the moment)

No, you are fine. That would help only with FSX initial load(starting FSX), no better fps. I moved my FSX from SSD to HDD becouse of space.

You should google for "Word Not Allowed's Flight Simulation World". This is the best fsx performance guide in my opinion. You have a good hardware, this is the only missing step. Actually, i would recommend you this steps:

- Optimize your Windows 7 http://www.tweakhound.com/tweaking-windows-7/

- ensure that you have FSX and SDK installed in corect way, just scroll down to "fsx installation: " http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html

- then google for "Word Not Allowed's Flight Simulation World" and apply all settings

<p>Yes!! And also check Nick Needham's guide for Ultra-Tuning Windows. Everything is explained there, what to do after your windows fresh install. That goy is really knowledgeable, and certainly is a FSX authority :) Nickn's guide: http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html Just in case you have GBs to spare, I heavily recommend CloneZilla for making whole partitions/Disks backups, just in case you want to restore FSX after making a mess. it works from a Pen-Drive!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>EDIT: ooops, looks like Nick's guide was posted just before. anyway, I stress once again it is really useful.</p>

Edited by ltnicolas

I moved my FSX from SSD to HDD becouse of space.

How did you felt about that ? Was it not annoying being used to faster load times and then experiencing significantly longer load times ?

How did you felt about that ? Was it not annoying being used to faster load times and then experiencing significantly longer load times ?

No, that was not the problem at all(for me). It's only about FSX initial loading on startup, no "in flight" performance loss or gain. For me it's important that i have space now for all scenery, and i have some :)

@@ltnicolas, i would use only FSX installation from that guide. FSX settings are much better in Word Not Allowed's guide - the only way for a smooth FSX i think. At least with my system, i tried Nick's guide, Bojote tweaking tool and many other advices and approaches, and this was the best one for me