Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Project AI Traffic Levels

Guest w2sjw

I just need an opinion of what I should put my AI traffic percentage at using PAI aircraft. I have all the US airlines and about 8 of the European majors, and at 92% density, I have FAR more aircraft visible on the ground when I did at test at 3:00pm local at KEWR than my friend Pete does (he went and bought Ultimate Traffic 2004).Do I have the level set too high? I didn't see anything in the README files from PAI about how to set your AI levels. I don't want my major airports looking like a full ground-stop is in effect in the middle of the afternoon!TIA...Scott

Guest bobsk8

Run it up until it either takes a hit on your frame rates or you find yourself 20th in line to take off.

Guest rogue1

I run mine at 100%. I have all of the Project AI packages installed, plus a whole bunch that I built myself (I'd say well over 75 airlines).Granted I do have to wait at major airports, but it is much better than the limited stuff that comes with FS9 by default, and FREE is much better.My system:P4 2.8ghz1.0gb ramATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mbHave it set at 25fps max, and it stays there depending on the aircraft I am using.Jim

Guest oyvindhansen

Quality of flightplans has a lot to say. I mostly use the plans from www.mostrealiticai.com myself, in my opinion they are the best, and these plans limits the number of AI aircraft to the actual number that the airline owns, and utilizes the aircraft much in the way that real airlines do. Some other AI plans will just use an almost arbitrary amount of aircraft that sit on the ground most of the time. This is both unrealistic and framerate unfriendly.The actual traffic level, by the way is determined by an AI flightplan entry that says at which percentage the given flight should appear. That is, it is not something that is computed by fs. Many flightplans have a 1% setting, which means that you get either all or nothing. This may explain why the slider seems to not control the traffic properly.-