Sign in to follow this  
Guest Expendable

Just when you think you've got your home cockpit looking good...

Guest David Lee 2

someone comes along and puts a real panel-mounted working GPS in theirs! I have never seen this done before (maybe there are lots of you out there and I don't know it!) and now it is haunting me - calling to me. 24hrs ago this never would have entered my mind. Even the cheapest units on ebay are $2K-3K so I don't see this happening soon. Pretty cool!Davidhttp://www.simkits.com/builders/buzz23.jpghttp://www.simkits.com/builderbuzz.php

That is one sweeet cockpit... but it's gotta be the smallest Triple 7 CP i've ever seen. ;)

Guest Dakota

Not to mention that the only thing 777 about it is the stickers on the yokes. Some one has a sense of humor. Nice cockpit though, wish I had something as nice.

Guest monsoon

that is not a gps . it is a moving map

>that is not a gps . it is a moving mapEr, no it's not just a "moving map.""Yes that is an actual working Bendix King KMD 150 stimulated with Pete Dawson's GPSOut software. It listens to NEMA sentences over a serial port. It was too easy to believe and is very accurate!!"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest monsoon

Sorry my mistake. The KMD 150 can either be bought as JUST a moving map or it can be purchased with its own integrated GPS receiver. So i guess we are both right

That is straight from a Piper Warrior or a very similar Piper cockpit. That is too funny!:D If all the gauges work with the sim, that has got to be one of the most creative cockpits I have seen.

Guest David Lee 2

If you check out the website at the link below the photo you will see that it is not just the panel but rather a significant portion of the fuselage! It's nice to see a GA approach to the home cockpit for a change. There seems to be a number of Boeings and Airbuses out there. The instruments come from Therealcockpit.com and theoretically they should all work with the sim (although I've never seen an actual review). I find servos to be pretty noisy so I would like to know if you hear a great amount of mechanical noise when they operate.David

Guest Expendable

>find servos to be pretty noisy so I would like to know if you>hear a great amount of mechanical noise when they operate.>DavidWell that might be true, but I bet that the mechanical wine from the electric turn coordinator in my C172 is louder than any of those servos when I have my master switch on. And of course you wouldn't hear that with the engine running (and a good sub-woofer on your flight sim ;) )