Sign in to follow this  
l_schuiling

new aircraft for next year?

Leon,

I am sure one of the gents in the executive committee will come across this post. As an opinion I really doubt the excellent PC-21 would be allowed. Normally any jet fueled aircraft(turboprop/jet) would be considered a cabin class ex. 4? or more passengers + pilot/co. for a valid leg.(Although not written in stone! SAAB J-29?) As for the Trojan... MMM.. You never know, could be an idea for a low/slow trainer class. THe exec guys do a heck (BOAT LOAD) of alot of work just to have a theme, valid aircraft and route restrictions, race rules write up etc... All we have to do is wait.. Good suggestions though!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

For sure good suggestion, but Roman is right, just give it time, when we get closer to the race you can submit aircraft to be included in the white list.  

Depending on the theme / rules / etc, who knows what planes we will be forced to fly.  Hell this last year we all had to quickly grab and learn to fly the L1011s so you never know what might show up. :)

spacer.png

Remind me to notify the committee that we need to get the AN-2 on white list. :wink:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Yep, for all we know, we might be flying half of RTWR2014 in Wright Flyers! :D Be sure you have 8 months off work to fly this race...

Edit... Hmmm... now why don't I have a fancy moderator tag? Did I miss something?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Stratocruisers for the "jet legs" and AN-2s for everything else is my suggestion. I just don't think the Wright Flyer has the range sadly. ;-)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Just a quick and unofficial comment about the 2014 RTWR White List. First, the basic set of aircraft will probably be similar to that of 2013...though nothing has been decided. New additions, like the PC-21, will need further consideration. (If the simulation meets the public specifications, then the PC-21 is a good candidate for inclusion. It is not truly fast,though.) If you all have candidates that fit our typical profile, then please nominate them.

While the routing, special requirements, and the theme might have some surprises, we are hoping to move to a more open and racing-community-based authorship of the core elements. All IMHO.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

If you have the ability to APPRECIATE any of the aircraft you are requesting, you also have the ability to ACQUIRE the skills necessary to modify/improve/create aircraft - but by asking US to do the work for you, you are chosing the easy route, instead of rolling up your own sleeves.

If you all have candidates that fit our typical profile, then please nominate them.

Mike,

Was the Flying Stations Sea Fury ever considered?  I'm pretty sure I didn't see it on last year's list.

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Hi Craig,

The Flying Stations Sea Fury seems an excellent aircraft.

We do need to do more study. (I vaguely recall that it is possible to pick the right combination of flight parameters -- different than suggested in the manual -- and go much faster than one expects.) I would love to hear more from your own testing. Maybe email me?

Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Mike,

Will do.  Initial testing a while back left me with the impression that it was at least competitive. Plenty of time between now and then.  Thanks!

Craig

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Looking forward to this hopefully razbam has released their A-26 by then and its use is allowed

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.