Sign in to follow this  
Guest expat

Scenery help: trees are "white blocks"

Guest expat

Added a couple of freeware FS2002 airfields in the UK to FS9 - both have the runway, grass and buildings but the trees that come with the addon look like white Lego pieces. Screenie attache (I hope) below.Appreciate any tips/suggestions. Would be happy to delete all the trees but don't know how to do that.

Guest danowat

Do the readme files of the scenery mention any extra downloads you need?.Normally this problem is because you do not have the "tree library" installed.I think you can find it in the library, it is by "Gerrish Grey".Dan.

It could be that the scenery is using very old style scenery images not supported in FS2004.W. Sieffert

Guest expat

Thanks - I'll try the other file. May be that these are not compatible with MS2004 (i.e. some are, some are not).

Guest expat

Readme does not call for the Trees Library files you mention. It also says the add on has mostly been programmed using "Flight Simulator Scenery Creator" (by Derek Leung) but with a few additions programmed in "Airport & Scenery Designer" (by Abacus Software) - mostly the hangars (which appear OK). AFCAD (by Lee Swordy) has been used to create the AFCAD file. I don't have that utility so haven't added that bit yet.

Guest danowat

What is the filename of the scenery.Dan.

Guest expat

One is "goudhurst.zip", the other is "egwm-v1.zip"

Guest expat

Goudhurst one also says "texture files VODTEX30.zip and Txtur202.zip, both available in the scenery design section of AVSIM.com are required for this scenery". As the texture202 is a FS98 file, I didn't think it would work in or might mess up my FS9 instal.

Guest danowat

If you read the section of FS.com where egwm-v1.zip is downloaded, you will see that the file EGWM-V1B.ZIP is also requiredthe readme in "goudhurst.zip" specifies that you have some additional textures.***NOTE.*** Texture files VODTEX30.zip and Txtur202.zip, both available in the scenery design section of AVSIM.com are required for this scenery. Dan.

Guest expat

"egwm-v1.zip" (West Malling airfield in Kent) was found at flightsim.com.

Guest expat

I know, I know, I should first read the g-- d --- instructions !! :-roll I did add the egmw-1b.zip extra file as per the instructions but this didn't solve the problem.Perhaps if I delete/clear out the whole file, then unzip both files as directed BEFORE running the FS "add scenery" installer this might work? Guess the answer is when in doubt, "experiment" (and follow all of the instructions!).Many thanks for your time and patience.