Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Smaller lights, less bright ?

Oh, I LOVE THEMI would only add a touch of yellow tint to the white color.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

rlights are in my opinion too artificial. they look totally like a game. in the other had, these:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94958.jpg...look imho better. i edited the yellow ones from before, to get more crisp ones, not so fuzzy, still to get those little nice stars around them, AND to get the less yellow color.

Guest Paragon

I guess it's a matter of taste. :)How do you change the color of the lights? If I wanted to change the red and green color in the lights I use, how would I do that. I have photoshop if I need it.

Guest frankathl

Hi Michael,Was it because of the runway lights you decided not to use Chris' package? I am currently trying out his airport environment textures, but am wondering how heavy it is on frames? I think runways look a bit artificial, the center line looking freshly painted(on the default they are obscured by all that rubber deposit!).Any thoughts on the rest of the package would be useful.BR,Frank

Guest sb55mv

Hi,not wanting to brag, but my lights look just fine with these settings in my .cfg file.[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=40TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.8 //scales edge, center,end,touchdown,runways RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.6 // scales VASI lights)RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.8 // scales approach light bars RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.8 //scales RAILs and ODALs)

I actually liked Chris' package (except his runway lights) but the whole package was creating quite a stutter. No frame rate hit just a stutter specially when you were making a wide turn and many airports were in vicinity. I tried his "lite" version and almost all other versions. I have a pretty new system so I was buffled.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

Guest frankathl

Thanks for that, Michael.BR,Frank

Guest Paragon

Wow...I thought I was the only one. I noticed this a couple of months ago, it would begin to stutter as soon as I turned towards an airport, well just before I would get it into view actually. The stutters went away when I uninstalled the package. Too bad because I really like them.