Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Does FS-Water solve the "water squares"?

Guest Marcelo

We know the default scenery sometimes causes those ugly "water squares" over the ocean- you guys know what I mean. Does the software FS Water, solve this issue?= Or is FS Water just a color change of the default and the large "water squares" remain?Comments appreciated. Regards, Marcelo Santiago, ChilePosted on Monday, Oct 18- 1:40pm EST

Guest Eric

Hello, "Does the software FS Water, solve this issue?= Or is FS Water just a color change of the default and the large "water squares" remain? It does NOT fix this issue at all, it's a fs2004 issue The ocean texture is the default fs2004 texture but with new color only. The sky is exact default fs2004 with less saturation only.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94733.jpgBestEric

You know, I have been using FS Water and so far I haven't seen those ugly tiles. But I don't fly very high (20,000 at the most) and possibly I am doing something else so I am less likely to see the tiles ... ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

Guest Eric

Hello Michael, These tiles are all overs the world like default fs2004, these texture are default fs2004 with new color anyways, not impressed. *No hype*BestEric

> These tiles are all overs the world like default>fs2004, these texture are default fs2004 with new color>anyways, not impressed.Maybe they are but I don't see them and this is what counts for me. You are not impressed and I am. I no longer have to watch pristine blue waters of San Fransico Bay or neon-like water effects at dusk. Maybe they "only" tweaked a few things but the final effect is what counts and I like what I see. We can agree to disagree.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

Guest ThrottleUp

Those water-tiles have to be one of MSFS worst feautures, in FS2000 I used to avoid over-water flights because I felt like I was an insect stuck inside the bathroom tile section of a large DIY store.Thankfully its not noticible in FS2004.

Marcelo , No matter what's addon's you are using or default fs2004, To fix this issue or reduce alot to almost non, Set your sight distant to 60 mile in weather display, Anything higher then 60 mile and above 20 000 feet, you will see the water square tiles like the (Eric post) in fs2004 no matter what's addons you are using, but default fs2004 can be less worst than some addon's.I have tested anything and it's a fs2004 issue more then 60 mile sight distant and above 20 000 feet.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Ok Chris this explains why I don't see them. I stay below 20,000 ft and my visibility never exceeds 30 nm.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)