Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

NW England VFR Scenery Released!

Guest Anthony_D

Evening all,I've now released my scenery for North West England. This scenery consolidates all my previous sceneries into one package, and adds my final area extending the scenery up to the Scottish Border just north of Carlisle.The file has just been uploaded to avsim and is pending approval. But you can download it now at my website and see some screen shots.http://cgi.mountaineer.plus.com/fs2004For those that haven't seen my scenery yet, here's a summary of the features:- Detailed coastline from the Dee Estuary to the River Esk north of Carlisle.- Every Motorway, A Road and B Road in northwest England.- Slip roads and major roundabouts for the above roads- All railway lines- Major Rivers including detailed renditions of the Rivers South Tyne, Derwent, Eden, Lune, Ribble & Mersey.- Lakes and Reserviors- Accurate landuse covering large villages, towns, fields, floodplains, marshes, upland moorland, rocks, forests and heathland.Enjoy!Anthony Dyer

Guest abent

Sounds great! Heading to your site now.Adam

Hi AnthonyLike the scenery, from the screenshots it looks really good,and impressive results from a 466Kb file. Is it only suitable for FS2004 ? If you don't mind me asking how - long did it take ? did you obtain the photos ? You wouldn't like to do us all a big favour, ;-)as you've an obvious interest in the place,please make your next project Scotland !!! P.S.On the website pic linksthe residents of God's Own Island,will be quite irate to see themselves described as Coniston ;-)ATBPaulF9 & Plusnet

Guest Mike707

Looks great. Thanks very much for the effort.

Guest Charlie Hall

I had downloaded the previous versions at separate times but never installed them as I was unsure if there would be any conflicts. Now I've installed the latest version which covers the whole lot, only now realising that the previous versions were from the same author, and it's great! Just took a quick flight to have a look around some places I've seen when I was on holiday in the Lakes and I can't believe the attention to detail. Brilliant!

Guest Anthony_D

>impressive results from a 466Kb file.Not bad isn't it :-). The trick is to avoid having your own texture files in a scenery package - that tends to be what makes scenery packages rather large these days.>Is it only suitable for FS2004 ?In its entirety yes I believe so. However you may find that the landclasses work in fs2002.>If you don't mind me asking how - >long did it take ?In total it took me about 40 evenings over a whole year to produce the separate parts to this scenery (that includes the three scenery packages released before they were merged into NW England). I estimate it's about 3 hours per evening - so about 120 man hours in total. Once I get into each project I work pretty solidly on it, I normally feel knackered after working on it :-)>did you obtain the photos ?No photos were used for this scenery package. Are you talking about the rest of my website? If so, then all those photos were of my own making.>You wouldn't like to do us all a big favour, ;-)>as you've an obvious interest in the place,>please make your next project Scotland !!!Ooh I'm not so sure, you could have a look at scotlflight scenery at:http://www.scotflightscenery.co.uk/It costs money, but for me it would be cheaper in terms of man hours if I just bought their product.I've got several ideas as to what I'll be doing next. The most attractive proposition is to try experimenting with 3D landmark objects in NW England. There are a few landmarks I'd want to see in the region such as Sellafield and Heysham Nuclear Power Stations, Winter Hill TV mast, Forton Services Observation Tower etc...My other idea is to work on parts of Arctic Norway that I've been on holiday to.But overall, it may be a while before my next project. It tends to be all consuming when I do start work on them!!!>the residents of God's Own Island, will be quite irate to see >themselves described as Coniston ;-)Oh dear, the perils of copying and pasting!! I'll see that the Walney Island and Wasdale residents get addressed properly before pitch fork battles erupt of the streets of Cumbria!Anthony Dyer

Many thanks for continuing this development Anthony. I have your earlier sceneries but will d/load the package so it is all in one.Also many thanks for modifying the Blackpool coast to blend in with the Blackpool scenery by Firstsim98.