Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 and the new setup: I have FINALLY reached the Holy Land!

Good post Mike T.Any framerates with default aircraft are of little value to me. I don't fly them and they are known to be very easy on performance.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2, Omega 2.7.90 (4xAA 16xAF)

Guest SoarPics

"Let the guy enjoy his new machine!!!"Yep!Greg

As I was scrolling down reading these messages a worry formed in the back of my head. I said to myself, "hmmm, I have pretty much the same machine (3.2Ghz instead of 3.4 and an ATI9800Pro card in lieu of what he had) and I don't get those kind of FR's. But alas, I saw those pics and was relieved. He was at default ORD, not Simflyers ORD and for sure not at Simflyers ORD with the PMDG 737!. Whew...that was close.

Eric 

Mitch, it sounds like you upgraded from a really low end machine. I'm glad you are having great success, and it sounds pretty much like the success others with high end newer machines are seeing, self included. Welcome aboard.I have a few situations that still hit performance pretty hard on my machine, so I'd be curious to see what your new machine can do with some of these. Here's a good acid test: run 10 layers of ActiveSky, and try a variety of flights out of major terminals, with and without rain. Shoot for real weather of the cumulus kind. Choose something like a PMDG 737NG or similar overhead. Repost screenprints in these scenarios if you haven't already. Try several different scenarios and see what you get. I've seen low teens in some of these nasty weather situations, despite the fact I see 35-60 pretty much as you do, in lesser situations. Also, I am running at 1600x1200x32, 4xAA, 16xAF, highest quality in all settings (except 8xAA--don't like the looks).Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'd like to see a screenshot: simflyers airport, all sliders to the right, ai traffic 100%, please.ricardo

Well I am going to get one of those ATI X PE cards and not because of this post. I don't know about everyone but I also play games like Call of Duty and America's Army where these cards offer DOUBLE the frame rates over the 9800 Pro series cards. As for FS, it's a dead horse, while a 256 MEG DD3 card can handle SF airports-Active Sky etc better than an older card with 64-128 MEGS, the fact is FS just sucks when it comes to frame rates and this version always will. And FS does not run good with crazy AA settings although will with AF. In fact just running at 1600X1200 will suffice to cut most jaggies out of the picture. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/Animation1.gifCaution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | NEC LCD 1980SXi 19" | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro |

Hey Mike!Well, I don't have sim flyers, etc, but I will set myself up at dusk, New York, Lots of you-know-what happening around me, and we'll see what FPS I can produce.I'll fire a screen-shot off, and post.Cheers!Mitch R.

Yeah...I came up from a 1.4 Celery running a GForce 2 DDR card.I'll try and get as down and dirty as I can, see what FPS I get, and re-post some screen shots.BTW, are all you guys running everything in FS9 at full throttle? I am. I wonder if that might make a difference.Yesterday I was up at around 10,000 feet heading through some heavy build, and I was peaking at times around 134 FPS.I just sat there and stared, lol.Cheers!Mitch R.P.S. I am running at 8/16 with normal A.I. All settings to Highest Quality.

Hey there, Ricardo.I don't have any symflyer's airports, well not yet, and I do have everything maxed out in FS9. I'll just try to get a little busier shot, :)Mitch R.

Hi Jim!You know, you put up a screen shot and everybody approaches it from a different perspective.I am most certainly enjoying this machine. The bottom line is that I am with everything maxed out in FS9, enjoying full-frame and fluid animation, no stutters, which after all is the most important thing.At taxi, it is so enjoyable to feel the same as when I do fly for business. Approaches are hot, and fast. The slightest touch of the stick and you can over compensate. On my 1.4 Celeron, it was a joke, jerking down to the numbers. You'd think I was sliding down a set of stairs! That was only with most tabs at half or less. Weather? Forget it. Simple clouds at half or less.I thought that I'd post some shots as other's were curious. I will try to get a little more loaded in A.I. action etc and then see what I come up with.The true intent of my original post, is simply this. I no longer have to 'fill in the cracks' with imagination where system performance just couldn't handle it with everything (all eye-candy/effects) cranked full. My newest system can. :)Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest Jan Bergwall

It's interesting to read the posts and notice how people are working hard to take the happy Mitch R down to earth. Don't claim you're happy with your setup, rig and frame rates. You are deadly wrong. You MUST load on all thinkable addons from well-known fps-eaters like UT, Simflyers etc. Otherwise you're not reliable. Kill the poor PC with PMDG 737NG VC+cabin, Activesky, Active camera, FSnav, Weather radar, Radar Contact, overcast+rain or snow, on the worlds largest add-on airport with trillions of AI. Then send a screenie...My question is, why do you have to do this if you say you're happy with the fps as it is? Most of you can't even get a decent fps in default mode with a few clouds in the sky.It's a strange world.I will not tell the simworld how well my rig works, since so many not are able to share joy. I happen to have a rig very close to Mitch R. and can confirm all above. BTW, I have all the addons earlier in the post...Just my few../Jan Bergwall

Here you go, Mike.Custom Boston Logan with full A.I.Pulling just under 30 FPS still! :)Heavy Cloud Cover... and my MD11 Amercian Airlines ready for the pushback! No default, here.I think that this screen-shot addresses most of whatever people were looking for in the scene.I love the Dawn! Dawns have always been hard on frame-rates.Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest flightplan

Hi,Mitch, thanks for the response - it helped me make my decision - looks like it will be the 8400. Now I have to convince my wife that a fast high end computer is just what she needs too!:-roll Thanks. I'll let you know how my attempt to get a new system works out.Tom