Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!! Yes I am shouting!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Dillon,Change to these values in the panel.cfg and for anyone with the Flight1 172 During the day of course the panel will be darker but you can use the Panel Light to toggle it (Default Shift + L):Day=80,80,80Night=35,0,0Luminous=120,120,1802D Panel looks GREAT at night with that even though I fly just in VC.Plus, I should have my nighttime lighting fixes ready tonight, just won't have a large PDF! :-) Carmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

Guest Martin

Interesting discussion.I don't have a lot of experience of night flying, but I agree that you can generally see too much in FS, and that the lighting is not very realistic (especially the landing/taxi light "beam" on the ground).I did, however, fly a Cessna 172R in darkness Sunday evening, and the only red light available was from the flaslight I had in my mouth! All the "standard" lighting in the cockpit is actually white/yellowish.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Kilstorm

Carmine, where exactly is the fx_172vclight.fx file? Is this the default 172 or Flight 1?

Chris you did an awesome job with your last cloud update... :-jumpy Your update put together with AS2004.5 leaves me speechless... :-eek

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest av84fun

<>You're lucky to be alive. The average life expectancy for a VFR pilot in IMC is less than a minute and a half.Those VFR jocks who fly at night with less than 10 miles viz have a death wish. Those who fly at night over large expanses of unpopulated territory, where there are no ground lights and/or over water, have a death wish because they cannot tell whether they are maintaing 10 miles viz and can and often do fly into IMC unwittingly.On your route, I can't imagine any large expanses of unpopulated territory and therefore, you shouldn't have flown into cloud "before you knew it." When the lights at your most distant viewpoint began to gray out, that should have been 10 miles downrange which should take a full 5 minutes to reach in a 172...i.e PLENTY of time to know that you were running into clouds and to have executed a lifesaving 180.Another tip is to refuse to fly at night when the lowest reported scattered or broken layer is less than 5000 ft above the MOCA for your route. Otherwise, you are just asking for your "final ride."Regards,Jim

Guest av84fun

I like what you are doing with the graphics.