Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

Eric Marciano Panel and automatic flight

Hi everyoneJust downloaded Eric's panel and love it but I cannot get the aircraft to follow the flightplan loaded in to the FMCU. I do not find the documentation very clear; talks about pulling and pushing the FCU buttons which I do but nothing happens. I loaded the Navdata program as instructed and get all the displays for the route I am following so that cannot be the problem.Any help appreciated as I am sure I must be missing something simple!!ThanksJohn Hewson

John,Once the fplan is loaded and you are airborne the only thing required is to right mouseclick the heading nob - the heading display should change to dashes and a dot and the aircraft should start following the route displayed on the nd - always does for me anyway.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest j-mo

Yep... right-clicking vs. left-clicking gets you different things with this panel.

Thanks for your help guys! I did not realise I had to right click on the heading and as you say that does work; even get a solid green line on the map now instead of yellow.It's actually one of the best freeware panels around in my opinion and while I am very happy flying the Eurowings Airbus I do need extra liveries which are not included in their package but covered by the freeware developers. Where would we be without people like, for example, Aerodesigns, Posky and IFDG?RegardsJohn

Guest yarvelling

The IFDG A320 coupled with Erics' panel is a great combination :)In case you hadn't found it yet, if you right click on the speed control, it also turns the display to dashes thereby putting the airspeed under aircraft systems control; just like the heading/nav controller. To regain pilot control, just left-click on either knob and it'll flick back to numbers and should have a little dot to the right of the number.To try to summarise and clarify....when starting a flight, both speed and direction controls are in a 'neutral' state; you can set the required speed/direction but the aircraft will not act upon these inputs.To gain pilot control, just left-click over the center of the knob. A dot will show to the right of the displayed number and the aircraft will go to the set speeds or direction. To give full aircraft control/autopilot; or 'managed' mode, right-click over the center of the knob. The numbers will be replaced with 3 dashes and the aircraft will fly the flight plan (provided you made one before starting the flight!)To regain pilot control again (ie: when ATC starts to vector you in for landing), just left-click over the center of the required knob again, and set the desired heading/speed.Hope that helps, and sorry to appear patronising if you've already got it sussed-out!