Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Anyone tried this GS-105 motion simulator?

Just came over something called GS-105 motion simulator. On their Product page it says it supports FSX and that really picked my intrest. Anyone tried it?

link: http://www.gekosystems.com/en/products/gs-105-motion-simulator/videos.html

I want one but couldn't see any videos with it when using FSX only vids of racing sims so I would be intrested in how good it is when it comes to feel turbulence and stuff. Could add alot to the immersion if it works B)

$2100, yikes, only for the people with deep pockets.

:lol: Yeah sure it is, but some people also build home cockpits that costs alot more than this.

Sent them a mail and asked if they could put up a video which demostrates how this will work with FSX. Hope they will respond. I can see one problem with this, using Trackir with all that shaking could be a problem...

But not Oculus Rift! Having been to Disneyland recently and experiencing some of their amazing motion rides, I'm very interested!

I would buy this in a heartbeat. The price isn't actually bad at all for what it is. I have not priced out building my own, but having no experience I bet it would be a easy task.

I see one issue. It might support FSX, but where would you place Keyboard/Mouse? I can see it being used for small GA, but my Dash 8? Would be a logistical nightmare setting up my stuff.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Edit to read *would not* be an easy task.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

but where would you place Keyboard/Mouse? I can see it being used for small GA, but my Dash 8?

Im sure if using a little creativity adding a small table beside it for the mouse(allthough if it shakes alot, using the mouse could be a problem :lol: That's why I want a video to see how this thing works with FSX in practice because having alot of motion all the time could cause problems) and maybe have the keyboard in your lap or something?

I see there is alot of possibiltys with the software that ships with it, adjusting the effects and stuff.

I'm very interested too. I agree with William that the price is not that bad for what it is. Some competitive products come in at 4 or 5 times this price tag. But I would certainly want to see evidence of it working with FSX before I parted with any cash.

I see one issue. It might support FSX, but where would you place Keyboard/Mouse?

I have a desk with a slide out keyboard/mouse platform...wouldn't think it would be a big problem for me.  I, too, would like to see it work with FSX and would like to see a review.  Still, there are other things in my list that would fall well before this in my wish list. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

i do wonder how it would interface with FSX. maybe linked to EZDOC turbulance?

i do wonder how it would interface with FSX. maybe linked to EZDOC turbulance?

I hope not. Not that I have anything against EZDOK (although I do happen to prefer Opus/Accusim for these FX), but I would hope that this device would interface direct with FSX (maybe via FSUIPC ?) rather than tie itself to any other specific add-on. 

It opens an interesting area of discussion though.

You might like top have a look at D-Box; their based in Canada. They actually produce software drivers for FSX which are updated every so often. I use one, with actuators fitted to my own base, with my pilots seat fitted on top of that. Works very well, but have to admit it is very pricey. I have been using mine for about four years now with no problems. Not sure where you are based, but I bought mine from R C Simulations based in Bristol, U.K.

You might like top have a look at D-Box; their based in Canada. They actually produce software drivers for FSX which are updated every so often. I use one, with actuators fitted to my own base, with my pilots seat fitted on top of that. Works very well, but have to admit it is very pricey. I have been using mine for about four years now with no problems. Not sure where you are based, but I bought mine from R C Simulations based in Bristol, U.K.

that is slightly cheaper. You have any vids of it in action? :)

http://www.rcsimulations.co.uk/shop/page/26?sessid=Jc0f1I4Ejk9MWyP5MEjOWhmwDyUqjVAW2XcbHVzwTTAcTCp0cLQDoBWxUbdaaJBi&shop_param=

I see one issue. It might support FSX, but where would you place Keyboard/Mouse? I can see it being used for small GA, but my Dash 8? Would be a logistical nightmare setting up my stuff.

Looking carefully through descriptions and photos/videos on their website, it appears that the only moving part is the upper portion of the seatback. The seat itself is not moving, so should be no problem using keyboard/mouse. TrackIR might be an issue, however

This appears to be a fancy force feedback device, not the kind of full motion platform most people think of for flight simulators. Even so, I would definitely consider it if I were building another home cockpit.

Looking carefully through descriptions and photos/videos on their website, it appears that the only moving part is the upper portion of the seatback. The seat itself is not moving, so should be no problem using keyboard/mouse. TrackIR might be an issue, however

This appears to be a fancy force feedback device, not the kind of full motion platform most people think of for flight simulators. Even so, I would definitely consider it if I were building another home cockpit.

the RC Sim one seems to move a lot more with the whole chair.

I wonder how hard it would be to make one.  I could imagine a few strong stepping motors.  The trick would be how to get the feedback info out of FSX.  THAT would be one fun project.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM