Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Anyone tried this GS-105 motion simulator?

I cant really see the motion of the chair either?

I don't think the chair moves at all (as I observed in an earlier post), only the upper portion of the seatback moves.

I don't think the chair moves at all (as I observed in an earlier post), only the upper portion of the seatback moves.

Correct

interesting, I wonder what the price will be?

Me too

I can see some pro and cons with booth. The ranger 9 with full motion(the whole chair moving) I don't think it will work at all with headtrack unless the screen gets moved with it.

The GS-105 will not have have full movement off the whole body but I think it could work with headtrack. And if having alot of cockpit equipment it would be easier to fit with it..

The price would also determine what I would choose. But one thing I know for certain is that i want something like this B) Im gonna start saving.

It looks like the GS gizmo was originally designed for driving simulators, which would explain why it majors on left/right front/back movements, and the seat remains pretty much stationary. I could live with that, provided there was at least some vibration transmitted through the seat. Otherwise I'd be tempted to bolt a Buttkicker to it. (I still can't get over the amount that little blighter adds to the immersion factor).

The SimXperience seat is cheaper and does the same thing. Heck, the whole stage 1 motion simulator is a similar price to the chair mentioned in this thread.

Check out http://simxperience.com/Home.aspx as their motion simulation products are pretty popular in the racing simulation world and they can be used for flight simulation as well.

Sat in a D Box seat (the £6500 one mentioned up thread) last night when I saw Man of Steel. The film was ok but I kept thinking how amazing it would be to have one for FSX. Lots of motion and would be fantastic for turbulence and takeoffs and landing.

The SimXperience seat is cheaper and does the same thing. Heck, the whole stage 1 motion simulator is a similar price to the chair mentioned in this thread.

Check out http://simxperience.com/Home.aspx as their motion simulation products are pretty popular in the racing simulation world and they can be used for flight simulation as well.

Intresting, but as far as I could see it only supports X-Plane... That's a no go for me :mellow:  And seing the a video it looked like there was less motion than the GS-105? But the price was sure nice B) If you know about more of these motion sims please  post them, here having more choices to choose from the better..

I have asked Simexperience whether they have any plans to support FSX and/or P3D. If they do, then that looks like a contender, although it takes up more space than some of the others.

The problem with  quite a few of these (for me) is that since they are aimed mainly at driving games, the seat geometry is typically not ideal for an aviation cockpit. 

I have asked Simexperience whether they have any plans to support FSX and/or P3D. If they do, then that looks like a contender, although it takes up more space than some of the others.

Nice, please report back their replys :smile:

The problem with quite a few of these (for me) is that since they are aimed mainly at driving games, the seat geometry is typically not ideal for an aviation cockpit.

Yes, I can see what you mean. But right know for me those alternatives is better than nothing. And that one with the whole chair moving would be hard to get headtracing to work unless the monitor could be mounted on it and move with the chair.

Im not gonna buy these things yet as I need to study them further and waying my options after all it's a big investement. Maybe there also are other alternatives out there that could be better...

I think it can also get alot more expensive for me than the price they have on the webpage because I would have to "import" it myself and pay an import tax that could be quite expensive. Don't think they sell these things here in Norway(hope they ship those things worldwide though)

I'm certainly in the market for the right product (at the right price of course !) And this thread has been an eye-opener - I didn't realise most of these products existed. Thanks for kicking it off.

And you're right about the import costs - and hassle. I've had many instances of shipments from US going astray, and importing from Eastern Europe seems a little akin to pulling teeth. :huh:  

I have today received the following response from the SimXperience folks re support for FSX/P3D:

Thanks for inquiry. I apologize for the late reply. I didn't want to give you an incorrect response. After talking over our current project schedule, I don't think it will be possible to add support for these titles in 2013, but it's definitely something we will look at in 2014.

Hi all,,dragging up an old thread here.I am a sim racer with a GS-4 motion seat from SimXperience.I am researching sim flying hardware before I invest and searched for any sign of others using the GS-4 to fly.

Has anyone else had any experience with a GS-4 and sim flying?

Currently the Sim Commander software associated with the all SimXperience products only supports the X-Plane simulation.

EDIT:Just noticed this is in the MS_FSX forum,I had used the search function, so not expecting any responses.

It looks like the GS gizmo was originally designed for driving simulators, which would explain why it majors on left/right front/back movements, and the seat remains pretty much stationary. I could live with that, provided there was at least some vibration transmitted through the seat. Otherwise I'd be tempted to bolt a Buttkicker to it. (I still can't get over the amount that little blighter adds to the immersion factor).

Yes the buttkicker 2 is fantastic for the price I use it for Prepar3D via OpusFSX who have implemented this well. I'm now seriously looking to add the GS-105 to my setup to make it complete. Btw I use the wheelstandpro with the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas.

Hi all,,dragging up an old thread here.I am a sim racer with a GS-4 motion seat from SimXperience.I am researching sim flying hardware before I invest and searched for any sign of others using the GS-4 to fly.

Has anyone else had any experience with a GS-4 and sim flying?

Currently the Sim Commander software associated with the all SimXperience products only supports the X-Plane simulation.

EDIT:Just noticed this is in the MS_FSX forum,I had used the search function, so not expecting any responses.

I think I would rather invest in the GS-105 than the GS-4 for 3 reasons:-

1) It supports FSX/Prepar3D and GS-4 doesn't

2) You can bolt the Buttkicker 2 to it (like many users have)

3) It is much more compact and "living room friendly" than have a contraption such as the GS-4

Hope that helps...

I just googled the GS-105 and from what I can tell my GS-4 seems to be half the size.All a GS-4 is is a Kirkey drag racing seat with motion flaps installed in the seat bottom and back and you can easily bolt a butt kicker to a GS-4.You should look into SimXperiences SimVibe.Im not sure what it would bring to flight sims but many sim racers swear by it. http://simxperience.com/Products/SimVibe/SimVibeSoftware.aspx

The GS-105 appears to be more of a motion simulator where the GS-4 just simulates G forces.The G2-105 looks to be considerable cheaper than the GS-4.I'm sure the shipping to Canada wouldn't be cheap.

I chose the GS-4 because I had tried full motion simulators before and didn't like being moved around like that.Having used the GS-4 seat for over a year to sim race I couldn't imagine going without it now.It just adds so much when it comes to feeling whats going on with the car.You end up doing things automatically without thinking when the back end kicks out and when cornering.

I eventually got X-Plane up and running with the GS-4 but though kinda cool it just didn't have the same feeling as it does while sim racing.I would almost think the GS-105 would be far superior with flight sims even though I've not used one.

Thanks for pointing the GS-105 out.

Johnny

hmmm, under 2k, not bad...

Just got an email from Julien from Geko regarding the GS-105.

He made a statement that:-

"We are currently adding support for DCS world (it will be ready very soon), and we intend to add support for Star Citizen

as soon as the developpers add the telemetry output (they confirmed it will be added later in development). 

We plan to add support for Prepar3d too.

For Elite Dangerous we are not sure yet how it will be implemented"

He also gave me a quote including postage to UK came to £1500 which I think is reasonable compared to what is out there at the moment and software supported.

I just googled the GS-105 and from what I can tell my GS-4 seems to be half the size.All a GS-4 is is a Kirkey drag racing seat with motion flaps installed in the seat bottom and back and you can easily bolt a butt kicker to a GS-4.You should look into SimXperiences SimVibe.Im not sure what it would bring to flight sims but many sim racers swear by it. http://simxperience.com/Products/SimVibe/SimVibeSoftware.aspx

The GS-105 appears to be more of a motion simulator where the GS-4 just simulates G forces.The G2-105 looks to be considerable cheaper than the GS-4.I'm sure the shipping to Canada wouldn't be cheap.

I chose the GS-4 because I had tried full motion simulators before and didn't like being moved around like that.Having used the GS-4 seat for over a year to sim race I couldn't imagine going without it now.It just adds so much when it comes to feeling whats going on with the car.You end up doing things automatically without thinking when the back end kicks out and when cornering.

I eventually got X-Plane up and running with the GS-4 but though kinda cool it just didn't have the same feeling as it does while sim racing.I would almost think the GS-105 would be far superior with flight sims even though I've not used one.

Thanks for pointing the GS-105 out.

Johnny

No problem Johnny, thanks for your information as well...