Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

No guages in Let 410 cockpit - request advice

Guest ThrottleUp

Greeting friends :)I just installed a most excellent freeware Let-410 turboprop from Avsim (Download ID = 54554) It installed into my FS2004 without any problems except one: there are empty holes in the instrument panel where the guages should be.The problem is present both in the 2D cockpit and the virtual cockpit.:(I went to the developers forum but it is in Hungarian (if Im not mistaken) Googling the internet produced no results either.Could someone please help!Thanx!!

Guest Stan V

Dear Throttle,Most of the time this sort of thing happens because the gauge statements in your panel.cfg file do not correctly point to where the corresponding gauge file(s) are located in your installation. I did not check the specific L410 download you mentioned but I do have a relatively recent PWDT Let 410 from AVSIM, and assuming it is the same as yours, I can tell you its author bundled most of his gauges inside a single file called "cva_l410_v1_0.gau" which comes with the download but is hidden inside the author's installer program. Check first in your panel.cfg file to see if a number of the gauge reference statements therein have the above phrase following the equal sign. If so, my comments apply. If not, you will need to search for a different gauge file but the concept should be the same. Next, check your FS2004 gauges folder to see if it contains a "cva_l410_v1_0.gau" file. It is most likely missing from there. Finally, search your disk where you have flightsim installed for wherever that file may be located on your system, and if you find it, move it into the gauges folder. If you don't find it, you will have to recreate it from the download. I suggest that the simplist way to do this would be to run the install program again but tell it this time that your flightsim program is located in a temporary folder. It will then create all of the L410 files in that new folder. Find the missing gauge file in that and copy it into your real FS2004 gauges folder. The rest of the files in the temporary folder are not needed and afterward, the temporary folder can be deleted. Once you have the missing gauge file in the gauges folder, your problem should be solved.Good luck,Stan V.

Guest ThrottleUp

Stan V,Thank you for your prompt reply and well-written instructions! :)They worked like a charm. I did as you instructed and now my Let-410 has guages on the panel! Now I can go STOL-ling!!!Really appreciate your help :)Thanx!!!!!!!!!