Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Video of Runway Overrun in Greece

The lack of flaps in the video actually looks startling....it's scary that they decided to continue the landing after floating so long.

Staggering, I mean how can any highly trained professional continue with that landing with lives in their hands?

Ro, I think the reaction is just one of instinct, from going 10 seconds previously "I'm going to die" after seeing debris and dust flying up, to coming to a halt and realising you're not going to run off into the water/down a hill or whatever!

Woo! We crashed! I would be excited too. They can sell that video for a few thousand to a news outlet now  :P

I think  it is more, "Woohoo, we finally stopped (and nothing bad happened)." 

One must be careful in calling for making any violation of procedures or error in judgment a criminal offense, especially based solely on a video of a landing overrun shot through a passenger window.

I think  it is more, "Woohoo, we finally stopped (and nothing bad happened)." 

One must be careful in calling for making any violation of procedures or error in judgment a criminal offense, especially based solely on a video of a landing overrun shot through a passenger window.

I'm only an enthusiast and not a pilot but I'm pretty sure whichever way you look at it, touching down that far down the runway instead of going around to ensure safety of those on board is an error of judgement!

I think from the video, it's more than apparent that the landing was conducted in flap 10/15. An abnormal configuration. This was not planned as if it were the crew would have made a "Brace for impact" announcement before landing which was absent. his landing was reckless, careless and was certainly criminally negligent.

Regards

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg