Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Cannot zoom views

FSX has started behaving strangely today. I am having periods of being unable to zoom any view in or out. It is so unpredictable that I could wait for ages to get the zoom facility back. I have deleted the FSX cfg file and created a new one to no avail.

This happens with any aircraft, default or payware. I like to set a particular zoom level in the VC and I'm unable to do this when I want to. Sometimes the zoom facility will suddenly return but it is liable to go again at any moment.

Something is causing this behaviour and I'd welcome any suggestions that you have as to the cause and a cure. Thanks.

Iain Smith

The next time it happens, click on the window that you are trying to zoom. Sometimes, the window becomes inactive, and another window has priority. By clicking on the window, you will make it the active window once again, and this will ofter restore your ability to zoom.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

The next time it happens, click on the window that you are trying to zoom. Sometimes, the window becomes inactive, and another window has priority. By clicking on the window, you will make it the active window once again, and this will ofter restore your ability to zoom.

Hi Kerry, thanks for your response. Don't think that is the answer as it happens in both windowed and full screen mode and everything else works as normal when this is happening.

Iain

I get something like that every now and then, too(mainly in top down view). It seems that it can be fixed by double clicking anywhere on the screen. I don't know if that is a solution to your problem, and I don't have any idea about what might cause this behavior, though.

I get something like that every now and then, too(mainly in top down view). It seems that it can be fixed by double clicking anywhere on the screen. I don't know if that is a solution to your problem, and I don't have any idea about what might cause this behavior, though.

Hi Florian, I loved your Fokker airliners for FS9. I take it you never finished the VC so it could be used properly in FSX?

Yes you are right - clicking somewhere on the panel or possibly screen brings back the zoom capability. Thanks.

Iain Smith

@ GACSavannah (Kerry). My apologies for dismissing your suggestion. You were on the right track except it's not just the window but anywhere on the screen that does the trick.

Iain

Hi Florian, I loved your Fokker airliners for FS9. I take it you never finished the VC so it could be used properly in FSX?

You're confusing me with someone else, Iain...

You're confusing me with someone else, Iain...

My apologies Florian. It's just that you have the same name and are from the same part of the world as a former FS aircraft designer.

Iain

No problem, I just wanted to point it out.